ASUS P7P55D-e Pro + G.Skill ram

Hi i've put together a new desktop which includes the i5 750 processor, ASUS P7P55D-e Pro mobo and G.Skill F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM ram sticks (2x2Mb 1600Mhz CL7's). I'm using Win 7 64bit and latest bios for the mobo.

I have the issue of the mobo bios only registering 1 ram stick (2GB) while the win 7 system says there is 4 GB but 1.99GB usable.

I have tested both individually and in both slots and they work fine that way. I used the XMP setting on the bios to get the correct details for the ram 1600Mhz, 7-8-7-24 latency etc.

Anybody got any advice? i've sent messages to G.Skill and on their forums but no reply yet.
4 answers Last reply
More about asus p7p55d skill
  1. I assume you're seatting your modules in the appropriate dimms (colour coded for a reason).
    You also might try starting off with the ram set to system default 1333mhz.
    If everything post fine then go from there.
  2. Yes, sticks were set in the correct modules A1 and B1, will try out 1333 and get back to you. From the looks of the g.skill forum I am not the only one with this type of issue.
  3. Didnt find out what was wrong but Bios now registers 4 GB at 1600 Mhz so all is well, thanks for trying to help. Bit odd for it to just now work after 2 days trying to fix it. Gotta say that even with 2 GB it held up well while gaming, worth the money imo.
  4. Right on! glad you have her up and running.
    Enjoy!
Ask a new question

Read More

Memory Asus G.SKILL RAM