Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Asus Customer Support

Last response: in Motherboards
June 1, 2010 8:08:46 PM

I've sent my Motherboard ASUS M3A32 to be repaired, i didn't mind paying for the shipping since the motherboard was worth 200+ dollars. I sent it in because the Ethernet did not work. when i received it back it did not work with my computer. It showed no display, it was strange since my computer had the same exact hardware as it did before. I called to troubleshoot with them, as they told me what i needed to do. My computer got worse, the PC did not even stay on. They claimed that my other parts were the issue, when i installed my temporary motherboard everything worked the first time through. If a support agent told me that they fix repairs but do not troubleshoot them how do they know the root of the problem? i'm not sure if i should call to demand for a new one or to let it go. That day i was on the phone for more than 5 hours, put on hold 3/8 times and when i was put on hold they hung up.

I post this to see what i should do. Is it worth the headache to call them to receive a new one. There is no reason i should have to pay to resend it so that they can just send it back the same claiming its fixed.

More about : asus customer support

a b V Motherboard
June 1, 2010 8:46:12 PM

Don't waste your time with emails and tech support if you're sure its the board. Ask for the RMA dept and send it back, keep sending it back until it is working properly. On the 3rd RMA it will reach 3rd level tech support. These guys are better than the lower level guys and usually get to the bottom of it. Unlike the other levels they'll be in phone contact with you as well. If they can't find the problem or repair the board they'll send you another board. If you're lucky, and your board has been discontinued they'll give you a model change to a newer board in the same price range as your old board and try to match up your hardware.

I went through this with a P5N32-E SLI Plus a couple of years go. They kept sending the board back without finding the problem. Eventually it made it to 3rd level support and they found a short in the dimm slots. The P5N32-E SLI Plus (650i) had been discontinued so I was upgraded to a 780i.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
June 2, 2010 12:47:20 AM

g4kioN1 said:
I've sent my Motherboard ASUS M3A32 to be repaired, i didn't mind paying for the shipping since the motherboard was worth 200+ dollars. I sent it in because the Ethernet did not work. when i received it back it did not work with my computer. It showed no display, it was strange since my computer had the same exact hardware as it did before. I called to troubleshoot with them, as they told me what i needed to do. My computer got worse, the PC did not even stay on. They claimed that my other parts were the issue, when i installed my temporary motherboard everything worked the first time through. If a support agent told me that they fix repairs but do not troubleshoot them how do they know the root of the problem? i'm not sure if i should call to demand for a new one or to let it go. That day i was on the phone for more than 5 hours, put on hold 3/8 times and when i was put on hold they hung up.

I post this to see what i should do. Is it worth the headache to call them to receive a new one. There is no reason i should have to pay to resend it so that they can just send it back the same claiming its fixed.

I would not even bother with an Asus board. Send it back to the vendor you bought it from and get a refund or a gigabyte board, you are wasting your time with Asus service.
m
l
Related resources
June 2, 2010 4:28:43 AM

soundguruman said:
I would not even bother with an Asus board. Send it back to the vendor you bought it from and get a refund or a gigabyte board, you are wasting your time with Asus service.

i wish i could but i only have asus' waranty. i prefer cheaper mobos now since i only use 1 gpu and dont overclock.
m
l
June 2, 2010 4:30:17 AM

starams5 said:
Don't waste your time with emails and tech support if you're sure its the board. Ask for the RMA dept and send it back, keep sending it back until it is working properly. On the 3rd RMA it will reach 3rd level tech support. These guys are better than the lower level guys and usually get to the bottom of it. Unlike the other levels they'll be in phone contact with you as well. If they can't find the problem or repair the board they'll send you another board. If you're lucky, and your board has been discontinued they'll give you a model change to a newer board in the same price range as your old board and try to match up your hardware.

I went through this with a P5N32-E SLI Plus a couple of years go. They kept sending the board back without finding the problem. Eventually it made it to 3rd level support and they found a short in the dimm slots. The P5N32-E SLI Plus (650i) had been discontinued so I was upgraded to a 780i.

wouldnt i have to pay shipping everytime though? i dont want to keep paying for the shipping.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
June 2, 2010 6:26:55 AM

g4kioN1 said:
wouldnt i have to pay shipping everytime though? i dont want to keep paying for the shipping.

If you complain enough you can get a pre-paid label for the 2nd RMA, for the 3rd RMA they pay both ways automatically.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
June 2, 2010 9:53:40 AM

I would call Asus and demand a refund, dealing with them and trying to get their junk working is a complete waste of time.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
June 2, 2010 10:20:57 AM

soundguruman said:
I would call Asus and demand a refund, dealing with them and trying to get their junk working is a complete waste of time.

Asus usually works for me. Counting 8+ boards (for me or my friends), 2 Asus routers over the years, and they usually work from the start. My Asus mainboards usually die 4+ years into service (at which point they are usually obsolete anyway).

Maybe just a stream of bad luck?
m
l
a b V Motherboard
June 2, 2010 2:25:21 PM

+1 for amnotanoobie. Unlike soundguruman my experience wasn't bad enough to jump ship. But if I ever decided to jump ship I sure wouldn't buy a POS Gigabyte board, I would buy an EVGA board.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
June 2, 2010 6:32:56 PM

g4kioN1 is about to spend more in shipping and time than it would cost to just buy a working board from a reliable manufacturer.
Some people are lucky enough to get a working unit from Asus, but that's just luck.
OK if you like EVGA, That's a pretty good choice too. I don't hear that EVGA causes problems the way I hear it from Asus owners. But boy is there a lot of complaints from Asus owners, just check the consumer reviews.

The best way to deal with the usual Asus Ethernet issues is to buy a PCI Ethernet card, plug it into the PCI slot. Forget about the on board Ethernet. That solves it in a lot less time than trying to get Asus to fix it.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
June 2, 2010 7:15:26 PM

Hi S,

I respect your choice of product just like I respect everyone's choice of product. Naturally the manufacturer who sells the most boards will have the most returns. As for RMA shipping I paid $10.00 for 3 RMA's, ASUS covered the rest. See poll taken by Tom's forum. The poll suggest to me that there are far more ASUS users than any other.

Tom's Motherboard Poll
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/246382-30-poll-mother...
m
l
June 2, 2010 7:58:33 PM

soundguruman said:
g4kioN1 is about to spend more in shipping and time than it would cost to just buy a working board from a reliable manufacturer.
Some people are lucky enough to get a working unit from Asus, but that's just luck.
OK if you like EVGA, That's a pretty good choice too. I don't hear that EVGA causes problems the way I hear it from Asus owners. But boy is there a lot of complaints from Asus owners, just check the consumer reviews.

The best way to deal with the usual Asus Ethernet issues is to buy a PCI Ethernet card, plug it into the PCI slot. Forget about the on board Ethernet. That solves it in a lot less time than trying to get Asus to fix it.

I would do that now finding out that i was screwed, but ever since they sent it back, it wont boot up. after they told me to clear the cmos it doesnt even stay on more than a split second.
m
l
June 2, 2010 8:00:45 PM

starams5 said:
Hi S,

I respect your choice of product just like I respect everyone's choice of product. Naturally the manufacturer who sells the most boards will have the most returns. As for RMA shipping I paid $10.00 for 3 RMA's, ASUS covered the rest. See poll taken by Tom's forum. The poll suggest to me that there are far more ASUS users than any other.

Tom's Motherboard Poll
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/246382-30-poll-mother...

will asus cover the shipping if i send it back? it just sounds annoying all of the things i have to do to send it back including the packaging. i spent 30 dollars the first time sending it including supplies and the shipping.
m
l

Best solution

a b V Motherboard
June 2, 2010 8:12:12 PM

For the 2nd RMA do a lot of complaining, worked for me. Just curious, do you live in the US? I paid $10.00 to ship the board from California to Indiana (UPS Ground). If it cost that much maybe you should take S's advise and buy another board if they decline to pay for shipping.
a b V Motherboard
June 3, 2010 1:07:32 AM

Won't matter if they shipped it for free. Still more worth it to buy another board.
These are the symptoms you are about to experience:
1. The system will work for a while, then fail. You will reload the OS, then it will work for a while then fail again.
2. Either Ethernet, audio, bios, multimedia, video...will not work or all of the above will not work properly. You will load the drivers over and over, then it will fail again.
3. You will spend hours of time or days, getting advice from forums, you will try everything, and it will still not work right.
4. You will update the bios using the Asus updater, and the whole thing will go to crap.
5. You will install Asus applications that Asus included with the board, and none of them will work as promised.
Why bother??? Just buy a good motherboard and you will be USING it instead of pulling your hair out every day trying to make it work.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
June 3, 2010 1:24:00 AM

I agree with you 100%, everything you said about the ASUS tools are true. At the same time you would have to be pretty naive to use any of them in the first place with the exception of the PC Probe II, and you don't really need that either. Most experienced ASUS user don't use those tools to OC their computers, and would use EZ-Flash 2 to flash the bios. I don't care what brand the board is, flashing the bios from within Windows environment is risky business and not recommended.
m
l
June 3, 2010 1:28:47 AM

starams5 said:
For the 2nd RMA do a lot of complaining, worked for me. Just curious, do you live in the US? I paid $10.00 to ship the board from California to Indiana (UPS Ground). If it cost that much maybe you should take S's advise and buy another board if they decline to pay for shipping.

well i've already had a replacement board that was 70 dollars works for me since i dont overclock but ive had the urge to use sli, plus i dont want to throw away 200-300 dollar motherboard. if i dont need it i could still sell it new on ebay.

but ive decided that since i already have all this bubble foam from other companies ill just reuse it everytime i need to send it back to asus since it was 10 dollars.

thanks for the advice guys so by the third return i will be fully satisfied? :D 
m
l
a b V Motherboard
June 3, 2010 1:43:51 AM

I'm a popcorn saver to, I've sent a thing or two back to Newegg and other places over the years. It don't make any sense paying for something you threw in the trash the last time. Good luck and take care.
m
l
a b Ĉ ASUS
a c 214 V Motherboard
June 3, 2010 2:23:00 AM

1. I have not yet had a problem w/ Asus tech / customer support ... had dealings w/ them mauve 4-5 times over last 20 years.

2. Go to newegg web site and post an unfavorable review of the board.

3. Post on the Asus web support forums about your experiences.

4. Get over to resellerratings.com and post a summary of your experience with vendor.
m
l
June 10, 2010 3:47:58 AM

Best answer selected by g4kioN1.
m
l
!