hmims

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2011
I just purchased a Graphics card and want to know if my PSU can handle it. The card I just bought is a EVEGA Geforce GTX 560 Ti 2gb Superclocked. Please respond quickly.

My system is:

PCU: i7-2600

MB: Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H-B3 mATX

Memory: 16gb 1600

PS: 520w antec Hich current gamer

Two HDD: 1.5tb 7200rpm

DVD Rom

tekman42

Honorable
Feb 22, 2012
After entering information here: http://extreme.outervision.com/PSUEngine

I added 3x 120mm fans since you didn't mention what case you have but even with that...your total came to (this was an educated guess because I didn't enter data for overclocking) 453 Watts....but I would suggest you go there yourself and enter ALL the correct data and see what it comes up with.

I believe in having the absolute best psu I can personally afford...the PSU is the FOUNDATION the entire rest of your rig is built on and CLEAN, Ripple Free, droopless, reliable power is a absoute MUST for reliabliity and confidence in any build.

With that said...the power supply you have "SHOULD" be more than adequate but at my "educated guess" pushing 453W without the pertinent and without overclocking numbers...that's approaching your 550w psu limits without a LOT of headroom.

My minimum for almost ALL my builds is a 750W PSU but then again...I ONLY use PCPower&Cooling PSU's....they are one of the most legendary Power Supply Manufacturers in the PSU Industry...I have NEVER had one give me any issues EVER...the power stability is legendary and I have seen virtually zero voltage droop or voltage ripple...ie when a load is applied a lot of power supplies experience a momentary drop in voltage then returns to whatever nominal voltage for a particular bus...ie 1.5v, 3.3v, +5v, -5v, +12v and -12v...also the power needs to stay very close to the bus line level voltage in that 3.3v should read something like 3.25-3.28 or so or 1.5 should read like 1.43-1.48 ....this is actual readings not what the stated voltage is...I have only ever had 1 antec psu..it was a 430w trupower..in 2002 and the 3.3 voltage kept dropping down to 3.15 or lower then I was getting warning stating my voltage was low and I would get a warning blare from my monitoring program.

I'm not knocking Antec...they have come a long way since then and their products ARE top notch...just not my cup of tea...as I stated above...I prefer not taking ANY chances with 2 or 3 grand worth of computer equipment and I value performance and reliability above all else so I buy the Industries best but since you already have a decent psu...use the extreme power supply calculator link I posted here and enter YOUR actual values and see what it recommends...I like having headroom equal to 40% or more above what I'm actually using...this allows for additional gpus, extra peripheals etc....upgradeability and expansion to my system without having to worry about enough power or not enough power!

By using the psu calculator you can KNOW for sure!

Hope this helps answer you question

Respectfully,
tekman42

Wow, you said a mouthful
Couple of points
The build quality of the Seasonic built Antec HCG is , at the least, equal to that of the old Seasonic built PCP&C Silencer 750
Without overclocking ( doesn't say 2600K ) or running power viruses, OP's specs won't put a 50% load on it