Memory slots dont always read correct

I have a new build i just finished and I’m having problems with my memory being read correctly. I have 6 slots, 3 of which have 2GB sticks in them. Sometimes when i start windows, windows and bios reads there are only 2GB, or 4GB, or 6GB. I have updated bios, reseated memory, reseated memory in different locations but i just can’t figure it out. I have contacted the memory, motherboard, and even the CPU companies with no help from any of them.

Thanks for any help
Jerrid

Cooler master 932 Red Dragon
Intel i7- 920 (CPU)
Windows 7 (64 bit)
Cooler master V8 (CPU cooler)
P6T Deluxe V2 (Motherboard)
Antec 1200 True Power Quattro (PSU)
G.skill Tri-Channel DDR3-1333 3 X 2GB (Memory)
HIS Radeon HD 5770 (Graphics card)
Dual Dell 1905FP (Monitors)
6 answers Last reply
More about memory slots dont read correct
  1. Hi newcomer and welcome to the Tom's hardware forum.

In ur BIOS look for an option that says "Memory addressable", enable and test again.
  2. Their is nothing in my bios that says memory addressable. could it be called something else?
  3. Can u RMA the mobo? because I'm not very sure what could be the problem.
  4. Well, i called ASUS and the told me it was the memory controler in the CPU. when i called intel again they are now telling me to change out my power supply. I wonder if their is a way to check my power supply without changing it out.

On a new note when i run CPU-Z it allways reads 6GB.
  5. Well i got my psu checked today and it if fine. i called intel back up and they said now i have to swap out the cpu with somone elses before they will RMA it.
  6. Gzkill let me RMA my memory but that didn't work, next step is finding somone with a i7 -920 to swap with me for a bit.
Ask a new question

Read More

Memory CPUs