Sign in with
Your question

Windows not able to format

Last response: in Storage
October 23, 2011 6:30:19 PM

im not able to paste in my pendrive it says the volume doesnot contain a recognized file system.
please make sure that all required file system drivers are loaded and that the volume is not corrupted.
pls help

More about : windows format

a b G Storage
October 23, 2011 7:06:33 PM

Hello... Go to Control Panel-Computer Management-Storage-Disk Management... and look for your PenDrive File System info on the list... and report back the information Windows is Reporting about that drive,
m
l
October 23, 2011 8:43:09 PM

I don't even know what a pendrive is. But if it is anything like a USB thumb stick, it should be a FAT32 format or a NTFS.
m
l
Related resources
October 25, 2011 12:19:39 PM

Thanks for replying me The file system is blank but the status is healty from the computer management of disk management
m
l
October 25, 2011 12:25:54 PM

but in properties it is reflecting as RAW
m
l
a b G Storage
October 25, 2011 6:36:39 PM

Hello... OK "Raw" that means the pendrive has lost it's partition information... and Windows will want to format it... to make it useable agian...

Wikipedia "TESTDRIVE"... this is a program you can try to restore the backup partition table... or recover any important files from it... and or non-destructive format... if there is important information on it...
m
l
!