Windows not able to format

im not able to paste in my pendrive it says the volume doesnot contain a recognized file system.
please make sure that all required file system drivers are loaded and that the volume is not corrupted.
pls help
5 answers Last reply
More about windows format
  1. Hello... Go to Control Panel-Computer Management-Storage-Disk Management... and look for your PenDrive File System info on the list... and report back the information Windows is Reporting about that drive,
  2. I don't even know what a pendrive is. But if it is anything like a USB thumb stick, it should be a FAT32 format or a NTFS.
  3. Thanks for replying me The file system is blank but the status is healty from the computer management of disk management
  4. but in properties it is reflecting as RAW
  5. Hello... OK "Raw" that means the pendrive has lost it's partition information... and Windows will want to format it... to make it useable agian...

Wikipedia "TESTDRIVE"... this is a program you can try to restore the backup partition table... or recover any important files from it... and or non-destructive format... if there is important information on it...
Ask a new question

Read More

File System Pendrive Format Storage