Probably noob question

hey guys i want to buy home server open some website,

my question is which is pretty fine server for not too expensive.. i would say from 150-400 $

thanks for your help

:hello:
6 answers Last reply
More about probably noob question
  1. Hi, my 1st question is: What content will have the site?
  2. saint19 said:
    Hi, my 1st question is: What content will have the site?



    selling stuff, upload some pics pretty much it
  3. Ok, so you need:

    1- Dual core processor.
    2- 2GB RAM or more (4GB wil be better)
    3- Large HDD (1TB or 2x500GB)
    4- Network card 10/100/1000
  4. Think this might work:

    MSI 760GM-E51 AM3 AMD 760G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard 70$
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130254

    AMD Athlon II X2 240 Regor 2.8GHz 2 x 1MB L2 Cache Socket AM3 65W Dual-Core Processor 57$
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103688&cm_re=AMD_dual_core-_-19-103-688-_-Product

    Crucial 3GB (3 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 Triple Channel Kit Desktop Memory 83$
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820148245

    Antec New Solution MicroATX Mid Tower Computer Case 380W Power 90$

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129035


    Western Digital AV-GP WD10EVDS 1TB 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive 90$
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136496

    Sony Optiarc Black 18X DVD-ROM 48X CD-ROM IDE DVD-ROM Drive Model 18$
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827131061&cm_re=DVD_drive-_-27-131-061-_-Product


    Total= 408$ + S&H

    If you wanted, you could swap out the motherboard for a DDR2 compatible one and maybe save a couple dollars.
    The power supply should be enough, as that CPU only uses 65W. Oh, and the motherboard comes with integrated graphics + sound + 10/100/1000 mbs LAN. Not bad, I suppose. Well, hope this works for you (I can't believe I fit that terabyte drive in there- especially a WD).
  5. saint19 said:
    Ok, so you need:

    1- Dual core processor.
    2- 2GB RAM or more (4GB wil be better)
    3- Large HDD (1TB or 2x500GB)
    4- Network card 10/100/1000


    Anonymous said:
    Think this might work:

    MSI 760GM-E51 AM3 AMD 760G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard 70$
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130254

    AMD Athlon II X2 240 Regor 2.8GHz 2 x 1MB L2 Cache Socket AM3 65W Dual-Core Processor 57$
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103688&cm_re=AMD_dual_core-_-19-103-688-_-Product

    Crucial 3GB (3 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 Triple Channel Kit Desktop Memory 83$
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820148245

    Antec New Solution MicroATX Mid Tower Computer Case 380W Power 90$

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129035


    Western Digital AV-GP WD10EVDS 1TB 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive 90$
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136496

    Sony Optiarc Black 18X DVD-ROM 48X CD-ROM IDE DVD-ROM Drive Model 18$
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827131061&cm_re=DVD_drive-_-27-131-061-_-Product


    Total= 408$ + S&H

    If you wanted, you could swap out the motherboard for a DDR2 compatible one and maybe save a couple dollars.
    The power supply should be enough, as that CPU only uses 65W. Oh, and the motherboard comes with integrated graphics + sound + 10/100/1000 mbs LAN. Not bad, I suppose. Well, hope this works for you (I can't believe I fit that terabyte drive in there- especially a WD).



    thank you guys.. will let you know what i came up with..
    thanks again
  6. whats wrong with wd 1tb drives? instead of a single 1tb drive, i would suggest either 2 1tb or 2 750gb drives so you can mirror them. that way, if one dies, ur "server" will still work.
Ask a new question

Read More

Servers Components Product