Sign in with
Your question

Mouse center-button's “Auto double-click” not regognized in some appli

Last response: in Components
February 6, 2010 11:26:24 PM

Hi, I have this weird problem on a new computer. I am not sure that this is the right forum for posting this, as it might be related to the OS.

The center button of the mouse is set to generate an automatic double-click when I press it.
This works perfectly fine everywhere in windows and all my programs, EXCEPT in DesignCAD and Target3001. In those 2 programs I have to do 2 consecutive clicks with the left button to get a double click.
Important note: I had these 2 programs on my older computer, with the SAME mouse and driver, and it worked fine.

New computer specs:
Win XP Pro SP3
Gigabyte EP45-UD3P motherboard
Intel E8500 Dual core 3.16 GHz
4G RAM Mushkin PC2 8500
WD 150Gig Velociraptor H-D
Gigabyte 6800GT 1G graphics card
Corsair 850W PSU
Logitech MX-500 mouse

The motherboard has not been overclocked (yet). Temperatures are very cool throughout.

Is it possible that the auto double-click is too fast to be recognized by these programs ?
I contacted the makers of the programs and they have no clue.
I searched the web unsuccesfully.
Is there a setting in Win XP to change the repetition rate of the internal software generated double-click ? The mouse driver sure doesn't have such a setting.
I plugged the (USB) mouse into the PS2 port with an adapter, but it has not changed anything.

What do you think ?
February 8, 2010 1:56:44 AM

You can check the mouse settings in your XP's Control Panel to control the double-click speed, though I doubt that's the cause of your problem. Maybe another setting on your mouse options?
m
l
!