How do I upload photos from my iphone to Windows PC then download to iPad

Status
Not open for further replies.

mostlysunny

Honorable
May 29, 2012
Hello, I have a Dell PC, XP. I also have an iphone and an ipad. I want to take pictures on the iphone - load them onto the PC and then download them on to the ipad. Apples tells me I have to do it this way since I have XP. What is a good tool (like Shutterfly or something) to use for upload to the PC? I have Picassa and hate it. Thanks

Sounds like you could use Dropbox

Its cross platform and you can install it on your pc, mac, linux, ipad, etc. you can set it to automatically upload photos for you to your dropbox account and automatically sync them to your computer. Also if you sign up from the referral link I gave you we both get free storage space :) http://db.tt/YsLpfjwg

jeannine0107

Honorable
Mar 26, 2013
Doing the regular sync just transfers from the computer to iPhone. To sync from the iPhone to computer.. connect the iPhone, after it runs through its regular sync click on iPhoto. It will open up and ask you if you want to import the photos. Select yes and it will import the photos from your iPhone into iPhoto.

On the PC you can use Picasa or Windows Photo Gallery which is included with windows. Plug in your phone, and start Windows Photo Gallery. Go to the File menu and choose import. Choose your iPhone and it will do the rest. They come up in your Pictures directory by default. Just to be clear, iTunes does not do this on Windows.

Helllo jeannine0107 and welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums.

Your input is welcome but picking up old, dead threads looks suspicious because that's the way the Commercial Spammers behave. I'll close this one now but your advice will still be visible. There are plenty of current threads to which to contribute.

Status
Not open for further replies.