Is noctua d-14 one of the top cpu coolers?

hnijhar

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2012
im looking to at the thermal take frio or the zalman 9500a. which one is the best to cool a intel i7 3770k. thanks.

Bdget: under $80

Canada: any website. which ver is cheapest!

Thanks

po1nted

Honorable
Apr 4, 2012
You reference one cooler in the thread title and two others in the body. Which is it?

All 3 will do just fine at cooling that CPU. Frostytech.com does a decent job of rating them:

http://www.frostytech.com/

Thermaltek Frio takes #10 spot. Noctua takes a number of spots with different configurations.

I would go with the Noctua, have them, love them. And yes, even though it wasn't tested with your exact CPU it will still dissipate heat like on other CPUs.

I like the Corsair Hydro 60/80/100 better, though. The low profile heat sink/punmp lets air circulate better in the case, instead of having a monster heat piping tower blocking airflow.

I removed the tower heat sink from my case (Antec Sonata) a couple of weeks ago, replaced with a Corsair H60 for my i7-920 @ 4Ghz and the temperatures for every component went down dramatically. And maintenance/getting at components and connections is easier now, too. I just don't see the point in having a huge block of metal blocking things anymore.