Cannot acces to XP pc printer

damian86

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
I cannot print on windows 7 pc,i am sharing a printer from my xp pc.
i can ping the xp computer ,no probs.
I have followed these steps http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-7/share-files-and-printers-between-windows-7-and-xp/ and I can see XP pc but i dont have acces.
I have acces from XP to 7.
I have seen some ppl having this problem but i can't get it sorted.

damian86

Distinguished
May 17, 2009

Well, i have kaspersky installed on the 2 computers, turned windows firewall off,but i dont have access.
I don't know what else to try,it should be working

damian86

Distinguished
May 17, 2009

Nope,i tried this,but nothing.read the last post here:http://en.kioskea.net/forum/affich-196544-windows-7-won-t-recognize-xp-pc-in-network
i changed it to Work network,but it's still not connecting.There must be something wrong on the xp pc?

Do both PCs have the same workgroup name? Can you access shares on the XP PC via its IP address, e.g., \\192.168.1.3\MyShare? Do you have the same user name and password on both PCs? If not, is the other user name in the list of authorized users?

damian86

Distinguished
May 17, 2009

Hi, i'm back. I just checked that both PCs have the same workgroup name,(workgroup)
I cannot acces the xp shares from here.
I have different usernames on xp and 7.and the only pc with password is the one with win 7.
How can i check that the username is in the list of authorized users?>>This,on the XP pc,right?

damian86

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
Ok, from here,i go to Network and i see the xp pc,i double click on it,and it just says that it cannot connect.Check the spelling name,blah,blah blah.
I do not need username password if i want to do this on the xp pc,from my network places,i can have access to folders.

damian86

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
Good news mate,the problem was kaspersky,i went to network and changed public to local.now i have access!
I'm sorry, i should have checked this before.Thanks for your time and help. :hello: