Mouse freezes on bootup

September 10, 2004 10:50:12 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

When I boot up, the mouse freezes and I can't even click on my username to
bootup.
Any ideas?
Thanks, CMA

More about : mouse freezes bootup

September 10, 2004 10:50:13 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

USB mouse?? check if legacy is enabled in BIOS
peter
"CMAR" <vrv7j@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> When I boot up, the mouse freezes and I can't even click on my username to
> bootup.
> Any ideas?
> Thanks, CMA

Anonymous
September 11, 2004 3:23:00 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

CMAR,
The basic rules of fault finding is to establish which component is giving
the problem. So have you established whether it is your software or
hardware (i.e. try another mouse).
Nick

"CMAR" <vrv7j@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> When I boot up, the mouse freezes and I can't even click on my username to
> bootup.
> Any ideas?
> Thanks, CMA

September 11, 2004 3:42:26 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

CMA,
If your mouse is cordless try replacing the batteries.
Nick

"Old Nick" <hell@downunder.invalid> wrote in message
> CMAR,
> The basic rules of fault finding is to establish which component is giving
> the problem. So have you established whether it is your software or
> hardware (i.e. try another mouse).
> Nick
>
> "CMAR" <vrv7j@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> When I boot up, the mouse freezes and I can't even click on my username
>> to bootup.
>> Any ideas?
>> Thanks, CMA

December 8, 2004 5:55:03 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

I have exactly the same problem most of the times I bootup.A reboot usually
solves it although it is very annoying to have to bootup twice each time to
get the mouse to work.

I have Windows XP and it is a serial mouse. I have tried to update the mouse
driver withou success.

Anna-Maria

!