Radeon HD 4890 and NZXT PP600

Hi guys,

Can anyone tell me if a NZXT PP600 Power Supply can Power a Radeon HD 4890? Considering the rest of the system uses very low power, and I won't be pushing it to it's max.

Basically, the system will boot with that PSU and card combo, right? It's a pretty solid PSU, not cheapo stuff, but it's from 2008. Thanks!
3 answers Last reply
More about radeon 4890 nzxt pp600
  1. Tame said:
    Hi guys,

Can anyone tell me if a NZXT PP600 Power Supply can Power a Radeon HD 4890? Considering the rest of the system uses very low power, and I won't be pushing it to it's max.

Basically, the system will boot with that PSU and card combo, right? It's a pretty solid PSU, not cheapo stuff, but it's from 2008. Thanks!

It as 2 Rails 22A and 21A.

Been reading some reviews and people are powering gtx 260/4850s using it.

Here is the power consumption

And this is what ATI's website says

"500 Watt or greater power supply with two 75W 6-pin PCI Express® power connectors recommended (600 Watt and four 6-pin connectors for ATI CrossFireX™ technology in dual mode) "

Should be fine. Just make sure it has 2 PCI-e 6 pin connectors.
  2. Thanks for your vote of confidence. I'll be plugging it in tomorrow, sadly I have to use an adapter because my PSU has a 6\6 PCI-E connector and this hulking beast of a card requires a 6\8.

I'll post results.
  3. Works fine, great performance.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies HD Power Radeon Components