Dell xps 600 power supply

Robinhood69

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2010
Hello,
Power supply went out of my xps 600, purchased new in 2006 and cannot seem to locate the one with the right revision. Wherer could I fin done?

skora

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2008
Welcome to the forums,

That's anything but a standard PSU form factor. Contact Dell either way, but if you want to continue to use that case ask about a replacement. Otherwise, ask if you can buy a new case/PSU and transfer stuff over. Read something that they have a 10pin CPU connector. You won't have an I/O shield for the back panel and might need a little custom modding to get the dell mobo to fit.

Any chance you have the budget for a mostly new rig? I really don't think throwing money into a P4 DC is a great idea.

Robinhood69

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2010
I have the first revision and connectors are all different. The computer place that I took it to ordered one, refurbished from Dell but they said it was wrong revision and would not work so I brought it home and thought I would attempt to locat one myself. Where would I find the part number on it? I see a lot of numbers on a tag but no part # stands out.

Robinhood69

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2010
Well connectors are not that easy to see on a photo. I had a long chat with Dell adn they finally said they had the part number but when checking it had been back ordered. I will no thold my breath!