Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Im gonna over clock my cpu should i?

Last response: in Overclocking
May 2, 2012 1:06:40 AM

i have a http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/ite...

yeah i know its AMD its trash lol i do not have alot of money right now, ok to the point my gaming setup is in the attic so over the summer its hot and i will only have a fan running and a fan blowing on my pc just to be safe and i have a coolermaster haf 922 so it gets goo airflow and i am planing on overclocking this cpu i am going to buy this

http://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master-Hyper-212-RR-212E-2...

do you think it will be fine when i over clock it? and if you need more info just ask.

More about : gonna clock cpu

Best solution

May 2, 2012 1:42:00 AM

That's not trash. The Phenom II's were pretty good. And yes, it should do quite well with the 212 EVO. Good luck!
May 2, 2012 1:43:36 AM

AndrewK1 said:
That's not trash. The Phenom II's were pretty good. And yes, it should do quite well with the 212 EVO. Good luck!

lol ok thank you seems like everyone on here hate AMD.
m
l
Related resources
May 2, 2012 2:12:25 AM

It's not that we hate AMD. We just think that if you're upgrading, Intel has better options at the same price ranges. AMD does have some good CPUs, they just tend to fall a bit short to Intel's CPUs when it comes to gaming performance.
m
l
May 2, 2012 2:12:27 AM

Seems crazy that people 'hate' a CPU manufacturer. There is nothing wrong with AMD cpu's, they are just not good value for money if your buying a new one at the moment.

I have the phenom II x6 1090t it's very easy to overclock
m
l
May 2, 2012 2:19:10 AM

lol thats why when i upgrade i will be moving over to Intel.
m
l
a c 78 à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
May 2, 2012 2:32:03 AM

I have my 1045t OC'ed to 3.4 Ghz and could go higher with better cooling and a vcore bump.

It's been great for the occasional HD video editing that I do.
m
l
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
May 2, 2012 3:25:46 AM

What's your mobo?
m
l
May 2, 2012 1:30:40 PM

Best answer selected by xXmjzXx.
m
l