How to hook up these case fans?

Okay so on my 922HAF cooler master I have three case fans, one top, one back and one front. The fans came with a three pin connector attach to a four pin male/female power cable. My power supply has a cable that has three male 4 pin connectors that fit those so I plugged all three fans into that cable. Towards the end of the cable there is also a small four pin connector that looks like it is meant to go into the motherboard. Should I leave the fans connected to this cable and also plug that small four pin connector into the motherboard chassis/fan header? What is the best way to set this up?
3 answers Last reply
More about hook case fans
  1. You can leave the fans connected to those Molex plugs, thats fine, but do not try plugging that last plug anywhere, especially not into the motherboard, its a floppy drive power connector
    :-)
    Moto
  2. Motopsychojdn said:
    You can leave the fans connected to those Molex plugs, thats fine, but do not try plugging that last plug anywhere, especially not into the motherboard, its a floppy drive power connector
    :-)
    Moto

How can I make it where the fans are not on 100% always? The motherboard fan header is four pin while the pin from the fans are 3 pin. Is it okay to plug those three pin ones into the four pin headers?
  3. You can plug the 3pin connectors onto the motherboard - the 4th pin is just so that the fan/motherboard have a broader communication platform (to explain it like that).

The "missing" pin will have no effect on how the fans.
Ask a new question

Read More

Heatsinks Cases Cable Overclocking