Enabling ahci on biostar p35d2 a7

mtaylor2k2

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2008
I just bought a new ssd, and wanted to run it in ahci mode, but either a.) my motherboard doesnt support that, or b.) i don't know what i am looking for in the bios. I suspect the motherboard doesn't support it, even though it uses the ich9 south bridge, which supposedly does support it. If anyone has any help or advice on where to look for this info, it would be very helpful.

Thanks.

howardp6

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2008
In the BIOS it is under Drive Configuration. The ATA Mode should be native A and the configure SATA should be ACHI not RAID or IDE. What OS are you running, for Windows XP you need to load the ACHI drivers from a floppy in the OS install by hitting the F6 key. The drivers can be loaded after OS install under Windows XP see this post: http://forum.msi.com.tw/index.php?topic=106575.0. For VISTA and Windows 7, you can load the ACHI drivers from a USB thumb drive on the install.

mojoman317717

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2010

Just wondering if you ever resolved this situation. I'm working with the same motherboard and am considering adding an SSD. Were you able to make the configuration changes in the BIOS?