Sign in with
Your question

Need Help with a first time build

Last response: in Systems
Anonymous
November 26, 2009 3:32:59 AM

Im Looking to buy a Computer right away and am looking for some input from people who really know what they are talking about.

First of all I will tell you what i use my computer for. I plan to use it for games and downloading and whatching movies and tv as well as basic day to day usage such as web browsing and schoolwork. i am big on multitasking so something that is strong in that feild is a plus.

I have around $600 and up tp tops $ $800 to spend and i want something that will handle everything fairly well but has great potential for future upgrading with the least amount of overlapping spending.

Im just curious about what are the specific hardware peices to invest in from the get go and any ideas as to what directions i should be going when it comes to upgrading.

Any help would be much appreciated.

P.S i also have been thinking about salvaging lots of my crappy peices from my current computer till i have more money to replace them any advice regarding that would be appreciatted. I have a graphics card wirless card 130gb of hard drive lots of mis matched ram and an old sound card.

More about : time build

November 26, 2009 3:35:47 AM

Hmm would u require an OS n LCD? Also is that GPU PCIex16 or AGP? What sort of RAM u have on hand - DDR or DDR2?
m
l
Anonymous
November 26, 2009 3:37:06 AM

Not Nescisarily at this point i could install
my xp from this computer and use my current monitor till next paycheck
m
l
November 26, 2009 3:39:40 AM

So i take it u have a retail/OEM copy of XP rite? Dell/HP/Acer installation CDs are no can dos What model/make of LCD u have and what resolution do u game on mostly?
m
l
!