Your question

2nd core on cpu voltage fluctuates

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
February 7, 2010 2:14:01 PM

2nd core on cpu dips from 1.6 to 781 off and on
a b à CPUs
February 8, 2010 1:55:39 AM

Of what CPU? Also, are you experiencing any issues with how your computer is operating? Lastly, what is your power supply? Voltage changes are normal in some cases.
m
l
February 8, 2010 12:36:31 PM

r_manic said:
Of what CPU? Also, are you experiencing any issues with how your computer is operating? Lastly, what is your power supply? Voltage changes are normal in some cases.

Dell Vostro 1510. The processor is a T5470, 1.60, 2MB, Core Merom, M0. The power I believe is a 19.5v 90 watt ac adapter. It's my son's laptop. He plays WoW and it started getting real 'laggy', 2 fps, so I started checking around and noticed the dip in the cpu. It has 4 gb of ram, 128mb geforce 8600m and a 6 cell 56whr lithium battery. He has never had any problem before and would avg 15-20 fps even in heavy 'boss raid' fights.
m
l
Related resources
February 8, 2010 12:42:42 PM

arpacon said:
Dell Vostro 1510. The processor is a T5470, 1.60, 2MB, Core Merom, M0. The power I believe is a 19.5v 90 watt ac adapter. It's my son's laptop. He plays WoW and it started getting real 'laggy', 2 fps, so I started checking around and noticed the dip in the cpu. It has 4 gb of ram, 128mb geforce 8600m and a 6 cell 56whr lithium battery. He has never had any problem before and would avg 15-20 fps even in heavy 'boss raid' fights.

Maybe there are too many programs running in the background and that is what is slowing it down. Doubt the voltage would have anything to do with it. Plus where are you getting the reading from the bios or some other program?
m
l
February 8, 2010 12:50:04 PM

caamsa said:
Maybe there are too many programs running in the background and that is what is slowing it down. Doubt the voltage would have anything to do with it. Plus where are you getting the reading from the bios or some other program?

Getting it from windows device manager. I reformatted it and it's still doing it. I keep his systray and startup pretty lean. Firewall/antivirus and Winpatrol as far as programs running
m
l
February 8, 2010 1:31:06 PM

arpacon said:
Getting it from windows device manager. I reformatted it and it's still doing it. I keep his systray and startup pretty lean. Firewall/antivirus and Winpatrol as far as programs running

Down load and run this I am sure it will give you a more accurate reading.

http://www.cpuid.com/
m
l
!