IBM thinkpad 765L old bios requested.

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
June 25, 2004 11:39:27 PM

Since I have updated the bios on this machine W98 keep complaining about
"IRQ control control deactivated" (translated from Dutch).
Can anybody please help me with an old level bios for this machine?
Older than any of these levels available from IBM:\
Diskette Version BIOS Version BIOS Date File Name

---------------------- --------------------- -------------------- ----------
-----------------

1.00 HXET23WW 11-01-96 File not available

1.01 HXET27WW 12-11-96 File not available

1.02 HXET31WW 02-18-97 File not available

2.00 HXET51WW 08-15-97 File not available

2.01 HXET53WW 09-25-97 sytph201

2.10 HXET57WW 05-21-98 sytph210

2.11 HXET58WW 03-30-99 spsdhx58

2.12 HXET59WW 09-07-99 spsdhx59

2.13 HXET60WW 12-09-99 Current Release

So actually I am looking for a diskette relaese 1 bios

Thanks in advance,

Wim Dirks
(nederland = nl to avoid spam)
June 26, 2004 8:51:00 AM

Looks to me like you should be going after something like this:

uttpfw98.exe 7,348,900 English - version 1.19d - ThinkPad
Configuration Utility for Windows 95/98/Me and 2000

uttpfw98.txt 9,048 English - README for version 1.19d -

"Wim Dirks" <wim_dirks@wanadoo.nederland> wrote in message
> Since I have updated the bios on this machine W98 keep complaining
about
> "IRQ control control deactivated" (translated from Dutch).
> Can anybody please help me with an old level bios for this machine?
> Older than any of these levels available from IBM:\
> Diskette Version BIOS Version BIOS Date File Name
>
> ---------------------- --------------------- -------------------- ----
------
> -----------------
>
> 1.00 HXET23WW 11-01-96 File not available
>
> 1.01 HXET27WW 12-11-96 File not available
>
> 1.02 HXET31WW 02-18-97 File not available
>
> 2.00 HXET51WW 08-15-97 File not available
>
> 2.01 HXET53WW 09-25-97 sytph201
>
> 2.10 HXET57WW 05-21-98 sytph210
>
> 2.11 HXET58WW 03-30-99 spsdhx58
>
> 2.12 HXET59WW 09-07-99 spsdhx59
>
> 2.13 HXET60WW 12-09-99 Current Release
>
> So actually I am looking for a diskette relaese 1 bios
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Wim Dirks
> (nederland = nl to avoid spam)

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
June 27, 2004 2:58:13 AM

Thanks for you advise. I did the following:

1. Installed the highest level bios (HXET60WW)
2. Installed W2k (English)
3. Installed the TP utilities.
4. Enabled the PC Card slots using the utilities.

Now, the IRQ control disabled problem has gone (thanks for that).
But, when I try to add my 3com 3cxfe575ct network card, the os complains:

The device "Texas Instruments PCI-1130 Cardbus Controller" has detected a
CardBus card in its slot, but the
firmware on this system is not configured to allow the CardBus controller to
be run in CardBus mode. the operating system
will currently accept only 16 bit (R2) pc-cards on this controller.

Please don't tell me to do a Windows update, because it is the network
adapter that doen not function.
Or can I somehow get the updates on a cd and then apply?

Thanks in advance.

Wim Dirks

"ED" <xxagonNOSPAM@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht
> Looks to me like you should be going after something like this:
>

> uttpfw98.exe 7,348,900 English - version 1.19d - ThinkPad
> Configuration Utility for Windows 95/98/Me and 2000
>

> uttpfw98.txt 9,048 English - README for version 1.19d -
> ThinkPad Configuration Utility for Windows 95/98/Me and 2000
>

> "Wim Dirks" <wim_dirks@wanadoo.nederland> wrote in message
> > Since I have updated the bios on this machine W98 keep complaining
> about
> > "IRQ control control deactivated" (translated from Dutch).
> > Can anybody please help me with an old level bios for this machine?
> > Older than any of these levels available from IBM:\
> > Diskette Version BIOS Version BIOS Date File Name
> >
> > ---------------------- --------------------- -------------------- ----
> ------
> > -----------------
> >
> > 1.00 HXET23WW 11-01-96 File not available
> >
> > 1.01 HXET27WW 12-11-96 File not available
> >
> > 1.02 HXET31WW 02-18-97 File not available
> >
> > 2.00 HXET51WW 08-15-97 File not available
> >
> > 2.01 HXET53WW 09-25-97 sytph201
> >
> > 2.10 HXET57WW 05-21-98 sytph210
> >
> > 2.11 HXET58WW 03-30-99 spsdhx58
> >
> > 2.12 HXET59WW 09-07-99 spsdhx59
> >
> > 2.13 HXET60WW 12-09-99 Current Release
> >
> > So actually I am looking for a diskette relaese 1 bios
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> >
> > Wim Dirks
> > (nederland = nl to avoid spam)

a b D Laptop
June 27, 2004 2:58:14 AM

Wim Dirks wrote:
> Thanks for you advise. I did the following:
>
> 1. Installed the highest level bios (HXET60WW)
> 2. Installed W2k (English)
> 3. Installed the TP utilities.
> 4. Enabled the PC Card slots using the utilities.
>
> Now, the IRQ control disabled problem has gone (thanks for that).
> But, when I try to add my 3com 3cxfe575ct network card, the os complains:
>
> The device "Texas Instruments PCI-1130 Cardbus Controller" has detected a
> CardBus card in its slot, but the
> firmware on this system is not configured to allow the CardBus controller to
> be run in CardBus mode. the operating system
> will currently accept only 16 bit (R2) pc-cards on this controller.
>
> Please don't tell me to do a Windows update, because it is the network
> adapter that doen not function.
> Or can I somehow get the updates on a cd and then apply?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Wim Dirks
>
> "ED" <xxagonNOSPAM@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht
>
>>Looks to me like you should be going after something like this:
>>

>> uttpfw98.exe 7,348,900 English - version 1.19d - ThinkPad
>>Configuration Utility for Windows 95/98/Me and 2000
>>

>> uttpfw98.txt 9,048 English - README for version 1.19d -
>>ThinkPad Configuration Utility for Windows 95/98/Me and 2000
>>

>>"Wim Dirks" <wim_dirks@wanadoo.nederland> wrote in message
>>
>>>Since I have updated the bios on this machine W98 keep complaining
>>
>>about
>>
>>>"IRQ control control deactivated" (translated from Dutch).
>>>Can anybody please help me with an old level bios for this machine?
>>>Older than any of these levels available from IBM:\
>>>Diskette Version BIOS Version BIOS Date File Name
>>>
>>>---------------------- --------------------- -------------------- ----
>>
>>------
>>
>>>-----------------
>>>
>>>1.00 HXET23WW 11-01-96 File not available
>>>
>>>1.01 HXET27WW 12-11-96 File not available
>>>
>>>1.02 HXET31WW 02-18-97 File not available
>>>
>>>2.00 HXET51WW 08-15-97 File not available
>>>
>>>2.01 HXET53WW 09-25-97 sytph201
>>>
>>>2.10 HXET57WW 05-21-98 sytph210
>>>
>>>2.11 HXET58WW 03-30-99 spsdhx58
>>>
>>>2.12 HXET59WW 09-07-99 spsdhx59
>>>
>>>2.13 HXET60WW 12-09-99 Current Release
>>>
>>>So actually I am looking for a diskette relaese 1 bios
>>>
>>>Thanks in advance,
>>>
>>>Wim Dirks
>>>(nederland = nl to avoid spam)

Hi,
Is the 3Com 16 bit card?
Reread the error messaage.
Tony
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
June 27, 2004 3:47:41 AM

"Tony Hwang" <dragon40@shaw.ca> schreef in bericht
> Wim Dirks wrote:
> > Thanks for you advise. I did the following:
> >
> > 1. Installed the highest level bios (HXET60WW)
> > 2. Installed W2k (English)
> > 3. Installed the TP utilities.
> > 4. Enabled the PC Card slots using the utilities.
> >
> > Now, the IRQ control disabled problem has gone (thanks for that).
> > But, when I try to add my 3com 3cxfe575ct network card, the os
complains:

> > The device "Texas Instruments PCI-1130 Cardbus Controller" has detected
> > CardBus card in its slot, but the
> > firmware on this system is not configured to allow the CardBus
controller to
> > be run in CardBus mode. the operating system
> > will currently accept only 16 bit (R2) pc-cards on this controller.
> >
> > Please don't tell me to do a Windows update, because it is the network
> > adapter that doen not function.
> > Or can I somehow get the updates on a cd and then apply?
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> > Wim Dirks
> >
> > "ED" <xxagonNOSPAM@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht
> >
> >>Looks to me like you should be going after something like this:
> >>

> >> uttpfw98.exe 7,348,900 English - version 1.19d - ThinkPad
> >>Configuration Utility for Windows 95/98/Me and 2000
> >>

> >> uttpfw98.txt 9,048 English - README for version 1.19d -
> >>ThinkPad Configuration Utility for Windows 95/98/Me and 2000
> >>

> >>"Wim Dirks" <wim_dirks@wanadoo.nederland> wrote in message

> >>about

> >>------

> Hi,
> Is the 3Com 16 bit card?
> Reread the error messaage.
> Tony

I don't know if the card is a 16-bit card.
I do know that the card worked great before the bios upgrade,
both on W98 and on W2K

Wim
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
June 27, 2004 4:05:20 AM

"Wim Dirks" <wim_dirks@wanadoo.nederland> schreef in bericht

> "Tony Hwang" <dragon40@shaw.ca> schreef in bericht
> > Wim Dirks wrote:
> > > Thanks for you advise. I did the following:
> > >
> > > 1. Installed the highest level bios (HXET60WW)
> > > 2. Installed W2k (English)
> > > 3. Installed the TP utilities.
> > > 4. Enabled the PC Card slots using the utilities.
> > >
> > > Now, the IRQ control disabled problem has gone (thanks for that).
> > > But, when I try to add my 3com 3cxfe575ct network card, the os
> complains:
> > >
> > > The device "Texas Instruments PCI-1130 Cardbus Controller" has
detected
> > > CardBus card in its slot, but the
> > > firmware on this system is not configured to allow the CardBus
> controller to
> > > be run in CardBus mode. the operating system
> > > will currently accept only 16 bit (R2) pc-cards on this controller.
> > >
> > > Please don't tell me to do a Windows update, because it is the network
> > > adapter that doen not function.
> > > Or can I somehow get the updates on a cd and then apply?
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance.
> > >
> > > Wim Dirks
> > >
> > > "ED" <xxagonNOSPAM@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht

>>>---------------------- --------------------- -------------------- ----

> > Hi,
> > Is the 3Com 16 bit card?
> > Reread the error messaage.
> > Tony
> >

> I don't know if the card is a 16-bit card.
> I do know that the card worked great before the bios upgrade,
> both on W98 and on W2K
>
> Wim

All I really want is my old level bios back!!

Wim
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
June 27, 2004 6:43:03 AM

Wim Dirks wrote:

> "Wim Dirks" <wim_dirks@wanadoo.nederland> schreef in bericht
>
>>"Tony Hwang" <dragon40@shaw.ca> schreef in bericht

>>complains:

> detected

>>controller to

>>>Hi,
>>>Is the 3Com 16 bit card?
>>>Reread the error messaage.
>>>Tony
>>>

>>I don't know if the card is a 16-bit card.
>>I do know that the card worked great before the bios upgrade,
>>both on W98 and on W2K
>>
>>Wim
>>

> All I really want is my old level bios back!!
>
> Wim

Hi,
Quick check would be trying another known 16 bit card.
They go dirt cheap at eBay. Less than 10.00 a piece.
Tony
June 27, 2004 7:03:44 AM

Go here to get spsdhx59:
http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=psg1COBN-3...

I was able to download it. If you wish I can try to e-mail it to you.
Hope this helps. I know how frustrating these things can be.

"Wim Dirks" <wim_dirks@wanadoo.nederland> wrote in message
> Since I have updated the bios on this machine W98 keep complaining
about
> "IRQ control control deactivated" (translated from Dutch).
> Can anybody please help me with an old level bios for this machine?
> Older than any of these levels available from IBM:\
> Diskette Version BIOS Version BIOS Date File Name
>
> ---------------------- --------------------- -------------------- ----
------
> -----------------
>
> 1.00 HXET23WW 11-01-96 File not available
>
> 1.01 HXET27WW 12-11-96 File not available
>
> 1.02 HXET31WW 02-18-97 File not available
>
> 2.00 HXET51WW 08-15-97 File not available
>
> 2.01 HXET53WW 09-25-97 sytph201
>
> 2.10 HXET57WW 05-21-98 sytph210
>
> 2.11 HXET58WW 03-30-99 spsdhx58
>
> 2.12 HXET59WW 09-07-99 spsdhx59
>
> 2.13 HXET60WW 12-09-99 Current Release
>
> So actually I am looking for a diskette relaese 1 bios
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Wim Dirks
> (nederland = nl to avoid spam)

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
June 27, 2004 4:03:20 PM

I tried all available levels (see part of IBM page below).
I think I need one of the not-available levels.
Thanks, anyway

Wim

As long as I can't find an old level i am trying thing like updating the
PCMCIA driver of fiddling with the
register to influence the behaviour of the driver.
But no results yet.
I have learned one thing though: never upgrade without backing up the old
level first!

Wim

> Go here to get spsdhx59:
> http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=psg1COBN-3...
>
> I was able to download it. If you wish I can try to e-mail it to you.
> Hope this helps. I know how frustrating these things can be.
>

> "Wim Dirks" <wim_dirks@wanadoo.nederland> wrote in message
> > Since I have updated the bios on this machine W98 keep complaining
> about
> > "IRQ control control deactivated" (translated from Dutch).
> > Can anybody please help me with an old level bios for this machine?
> > Older than any of these levels available from IBM:\
> > Diskette Version BIOS Version BIOS Date File Name
> >
> > ---------------------- --------------------- -------------------- ----
> ------
> > -----------------
> >
> > 1.00 HXET23WW 11-01-96 File not available
> >
> > 1.01 HXET27WW 12-11-96 File not available
> >
> > 1.02 HXET31WW 02-18-97 File not available
> >
> > 2.00 HXET51WW 08-15-97 File not available
> >
> > 2.01 HXET53WW 09-25-97 sytph201
> >
> > 2.10 HXET57WW 05-21-98 sytph210
> >
> > 2.11 HXET58WW 03-30-99 spsdhx58
> >
> > 2.12 HXET59WW 09-07-99 spsdhx59
> >
> > 2.13 HXET60WW 12-09-99 Current Release
> >
> > So actually I am looking for a diskette relaese 1 bios
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> >
> > Wim Dirks
> > (nederland = nl to avoid spam)

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
June 27, 2004 5:53:06 PM

Ok, good news at last!
I do not know what exactly happened but,
I installed W2k parallel to W98.
Finally gave up on W2k (with highest level bios and PCMCIA drivers)
Went back to W98 and low and behold, everything worked as before (correct).
I can't really explain what happened, but I am very happy again.
Wim

!