Sign in with
Your question
Solved

G15, G19, MS X6, or other backlit keyboard??

Last response: in Systems
November 26, 2009 5:41:26 AM

MAn i have been waiting for the longest time for my next build.... Im getting close maybe in Jan instead of March.... in any case I will get a new keyboard.... What is worth getting with a backlight? The G15, G 19, Regular backlit keyboard from logitech or the Microsoft sidewinder x6?
November 26, 2009 8:19:39 AM

If you use TeamSpeak or Ventrilo I would highly suggest the G15 or G19. There is also the Logitech G13 gamepad that has the same kind of display as the G15. As for the differences between the G15 and G19. The G19 has powered USB ports where as the G15 has unpowered ports that limit what you can connect. The G19's display is also a full color display that you can play video on. So you can watch Hulu or Netflix or a YouTube walkthough video. I think there is also the G11 keyboard that is like the G15 just without the display. As for why the TS or Vent, the display can show you who is talking and that lets you very quickly learn peoples voice's. Be sure to pair it with a G5 or G500 mouse. Another mouse that has cought my attention as of late is the Razor Naga. It has the 1 though equal sign row as thumb button's. It is meant for MMO's like Warcraft to help you use your quick bar without taking fingers off the WADS keys. I don't feel like spending money to replace a perfectly fine G5 but it is a mouse that you should look into.
Related resources
a b B Homebuilt system
November 26, 2009 3:05:28 PM

My son uses the G19 display to lists system data like core temps, CPU clock, etc.

The logitech software though has a driver conflict with Windows 7-64 that requires you disabling "Slideshow". I have been working with Ligitech 2nd tier support to resolve but no luck as yet other than disabling that one feature.

Might want to read this before throwing down the cashola

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-peripheral-m...
November 26, 2009 7:22:27 PM

Right now at Newegg you can get the G15 for $70 on sale plus it has a $20 mail in to make it's final price only $50.

G15 at Newegg.com

Best solution

November 27, 2009 8:47:02 AM

tecmo34 said:
^+1... Razer Lycosa

I had mine for three months with no issues and would recommend it to anyone!!

And I have had my G15 for years with no issues. But can your Lycosa tell you who is talking in TS or Vent? Can it give you system stats like temp and CPU/RAM load? Or can it even, like the G19, play full color videos?
a b B Homebuilt system
November 27, 2009 10:51:40 AM

DJRWolf said:
And I have had my G15 for years with no issues. But can your Lycosa tell you who is talking in TS or Vent? Can it give you system stats like temp and CPU/RAM load? Or can it even, like the G19, play full color videos?

I will give you the G15 is a great keyboard. I was looking at it myself but the red lights didn't go with my blue theme of the Antec 1200 and Razer Deathadder. The G19 is just not worth the huge price tag for the "extras" when in FPS gaming, I can have the same gaming performance with a $10 keyboard or my $70 Razer.
November 28, 2009 5:05:45 AM

I have the x6, but it isn't as flashy as the keyboards mentioned above.

The keys on the x6 is flat and to me has a better feel than the others. One of my friends have the G(something) and to me it feels like one of those $6 keyboards.

The only wish I have is that they made the x6 with a blue back light as the unchangeable red goes against my soon to buy Antec1200.

December 5, 2009 8:34:29 AM

DJRWolf said:

Got the G15 today and its great.... Its old but still looks good! I couldnt be happier. The lycosa felt a tad bit more solid but the G15 felt a tad bit more right..... it looked a lot more better and its hues were a lot more brighter and Im tired of blue........ other than that, Thanks.
February 10, 2010 4:11:53 AM

Best answer selected by liquidsnake718.
!