Building A System For My Lil Bro and...

Tags:
  • Motherboards
  • RAM
  • Ebay
Last response: in Motherboards
June 3, 2010 4:51:31 AM

I bought this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=19...

Did it off eBay, got it cheaper, it's in the mail, but i am wondering (lol yes, only now wondering), what effects only having 3 of 6 ram slots working would be?

It's DDR3, all the blacks slots r brok-ed, the greens are good to go.

It's fine right?

Just put the ram in the other slots and it's the same as if i put it in the broken slots (if they worked).

Rigght? Riggghht?!?

More about : building system lil bro

June 3, 2010 7:47:49 AM

Bump, does anyone know this?

Will only having 1 of the sets of 3 ram dimms working adversely effect the other in any way?
June 3, 2010 12:51:46 PM

Bump, i really need to know this...
Related resources
June 3, 2010 1:25:02 PM

If you have 3 strips in the 3 green slots it should work fine and operate in triple channel mode. I am guessing that your DIMM0 slot (nearest the CPU) is one of the black ones and this is why you are worried. As long as the black slots aren't electrically damaged you should be fine running with slot 1, 3 and 6 instead of 0, 2 and 5.
June 3, 2010 2:45:34 PM

I actually got it the wrong way around i was busy practicing alliteration i think and i must have lost focus.

You got it right however, i was concerned as to whether you could run the ram all in same colored slots, i think i remember reading that this down clocks ram or something.

So anyway, if slots 1 and 3 and 6, the black ones, aren't damaged then this board will work fine, would really suck if they failed, i have no idea what the odds of this occurring would be however.

Thank you i really very much appreciate you taking the time to reply.
!