scienceartist

Honorable
May 31, 2012
I have the recovery disc and go through that process but it will not help I would like to get into the phoenix awardbios cmos setup, but can not get past booting up. It is a Power Spec Windows XP and intel 4 2 GHz

You will have to get into Recovery Console (Article explains 3 ways to do this) and use the command attribute to un-compress ntldr.
http://www.proposedsolution.com/solutions/ntldr-is-compressed-press-ctrlaltdel-to-restart/

scienceartist

Honorable
May 31, 2012
Yes I tried the emergency recovery disc that came with it did destructive as well as recommended recovery to factory specs. I know I did something in CMOS that screw it up. Trying to get an XP installer and a ISO image CD nd see if that helps

scienceartist

Honorable
May 31, 2012
Well after following the steps in the article "Compressed NTLDR select cntrl+alt + delete" I made it into the recovery system and finally to CMOS. However, my only solution was (I do not recommend this) to delete a periphery wall on the hard drive. Finally the emergency recovery disc worked and set everything back to factory specs, but this came with the price of losing every file I had on the computer. All my photos, documents, and videos were lost. It was much like walking into a store in 2002 and buying a desk top all over. Very sad :) Ahh well thank god I have a good deal of the photos on small jump drives and FB.
Thanks for all the help and good luck to the rest of you guys. Ah yes I did buy an SATA to IDE adapter after the fact, but have not hooked it up to see what may or may not be there. Lesson learned back everything up...hard drives, carbonite, discs, jump drives whatever you use just back it up!
Scienceartist

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts