disable Windows Messenger XPH

Hi,
How do I get rid of the "Windows Messenger" "not signed
in" ? This shows up in my system tray a boot-up.
Thanks,
Bill NJ
1 answer Last reply
More about disable windows messenger

    "Bill NJ" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >How do I get rid of the "Windows Messenger" "not signed
    >in" ? This shows up in my system tray a boot-up.

    Start the Messenger and in Tools > Options disable "Run this program
    when Windows starts" and "Allow this program to run in the
    background". Close the Messenger.
    Run REGEDIT.EXE and navigate to
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Outlook Express. Insert a new
    DWORD entry
    Hide Messenger
    here and set it to a value of
    2

    --
    (tm)

Configuration Messenger Microsoft Windows XP