Driver problems! >.>

kaitheus

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2009
I've been going between the new 9.11,9.10 and 9.9 drivers, trying to figure out what my problem was in Crysis when I used AA at any level. I figured out it was indeed the new 9.11 drivers causing the weird AA issue, so I then figured why not see if it is for sure the drivers, so I used Driver cleaner pro to uninstall them and CCleaner to clean out the registry. Then I installed the 9.11 drivers again and at 1st while in Crysis while using 8x AA it all seemed fine but then I started to see the artifacts again (its not an OC/Heat issue) so I again used DCP and CC an installed 9.10 drivers hoping I could just use those till the next set came out :(. Now heres my real issue I know that 9.10 was stable for me an worked well but for some reason now CCC will not load up at all as I keep getting this error every time I try to restart the CCC runtime.

Error:
Could not load file or assembly 'MOM.Implementation, Version=2.0.3349.40275, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=90ba9c70f846762e' or one of its dependencies. The System cannot find the file specified.

Same thing also happens with the CLI.Implementation :(

kaitheus

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2009
After a few hours I figured out how to fix it ^^ back to using the 9.10 drivers xD with everything working :D . To resolve this issue I had to DL and install 3 files and install them separately 1st your need to uninstall the drivers using the Ati uninstaller in the control panels (Add and remove window), then install the display driver, CCC, and WDM in that order and restart after every install, after I did that everything worked and it seemed things were working a bit faster too even my 3DMark scores went up quite a bit :O.

polarbearable

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2010
I have heaps of problems with ATI software over the years. Here's a solution (albeit, not very scientific) to my most recent problem involving cli.implementation and mom.implementation.

Download the most recent CCC and driver for your card. (HD 5750 for me).

Disable any Internet Security and firewalls you may have.

Run the CCC install that you just downloaded.

Next, windows search your hard drive for cli.implementation or mom.implementation.

It should be in C:\Program files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Implementation.

Here's the ad-hoc solution (I tried everything else, and some harsh language)...

These 2 files are .dll files.

I copied both of them to the root directory C:\, to the folder I had saved the downloaded CCC/driver, and to C:\Windows\System32.

Run the installation again. (You may have to first un-install with Add/Remove programs... If the Install Manager actually works. Mine didn't).

You'll probably get some sort of error messages again (I did).

However, CCC installed and works perfectly!

I have no idea which specific location (folder) these 2 files are meant to be in, and after a full day of trying all sorts of suggested solutions, I don't care. All that matters is that CCC and driver now work.

kaitheus

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2009

Actually I had already fixed my issues with my drivers :p all I had to do was use the ATI uninstaller and reinstall the drivers and restart the PC after that everything worked just fine, and really this was not ATI's drivers fault as it was more my own when I didn't use there uninstaller. :O Running the 10.4 drivers atm nice an stable on my Gigabyte HD4890OC. :p