Amd/ati reseller

crinky

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2009
hi, wanted to know if anyone knows how to become amd reseller. i'm subscribed but i dont see anyway of purchasing from there site and i looked in the reseller list and didnt find much. do i have to be approved before i cant see an option to purchase? if so, how many units must be sold per quarter?
thanks

qbit

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2009
You need to register as a business, then register with AMD to be allowed to resell, then you need to register with a AMD distributer (you dont buy direct from AMD) to become a reseller of theres.

The distributers will have there own rules but chances are its based on how much you spent with them per Q/year rather than quantity. To get any sort of reasonable margin on what you sell your going to have to buy alot.

crinky

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2009
ok i am registered as a business and i am registered on amd (waiting for aproval). i looked at the list of suppliers but dont know wich is the best choise for just pc components. have an idea?

qbit

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2009
I cant comment on the distributors but I would look at what they offer and there terms of agreement. Just find the one that suits you. If your just starting out/small retailer then just find the one that asks least investment.

Your best finding the distributors in your area and contacting them if you have any questions.

crinky

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2009
no this isn't to build myself a cheap gaming rig, i want to star a small repair shop with a friend from my job and we don't have much time to work on our project. like i said, we have registered a name and i have registered on amd but am waiting approval. just that since we are starting, i couldn't write that i build and repair hundreds of computers per quarter. anyway i will have to look at the suppliers but i was thinking that it would be beter if i could find a guy that sells at low price that i could call up when i need something. i already saw this at a repair shop so i was thinking it would be much better to start off. what do you guys think.

rodney_ws

Splendid
Dec 29, 2005
The links I provided would be ideal if you're operating within the US. We could order stuff as late as 4 PM and get it next day via UPS ground... they were obviously on top of their game when it came to getting product out the door. Allowed us to keep very little inventory on hand.

rodney_ws

Splendid
Dec 29, 2005
If I recall when we opened our account we did have an annual minimum, but I'm thinking it was a very low amount... maybe $5,000... and we did around $100k in business with ASI our 2nd year in business... the more you do, the more your sales rep tries to do for you. That said... the prices weren't really THAT much lower than what you could find online as a regular consumer.

crinky

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2009
just want to say your very helpful rodney, so thanks for all the advice you give me. also i dont have much time so i will try to look at asi becaus it was the first site that i thought looked good so maybe friday i might have the time. also theres a guy at my job who does a lot of small jobs for people and he said he might know someone who sells pc parts like a supplier so i'll ask him about that and when i know a bit more about whats going on i'll get back to you. thanks again

crinky

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2009
alright, ive bin busy this week so i havent wrote anything here, but the guy at my job said he would ask the the guy i said about if he would be able to supply and i havent had any answer from him yet. also i found a place that sells only to repair shops and stuff and i dont think they have a minimum amount so im going to look at that tomorow with my partner and ill get back to you about whats going on