Sovelin

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2011
I recently built a gaming PC using the Patriot Pyro SSD. At least once a day I get a complete system hang, and have to restart the computer. When I do, the SSD is not recognized as a boot device unless I completely power down the computer and turn it back on. Is this an issue with the Mobo, or something wrong with the SSD? Should I RMA it?

Solution
Check out the Firmware on the SSD and see if it requires updating. If it needs updating update it. The problem could also be the Motherboard. If you have a HDD that you can use as a test drive try doing a test install and see if the problem continues.

Wamphryi

Distinguished
Check out the Firmware on the SSD and see if it requires updating. If it needs updating update it. The problem could also be the Motherboard. If you have a HDD that you can use as a test drive try doing a test install and see if the problem continues.

Solution

Sovelin

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2011
Well, I just updated the firmware. The list of fixes under the new revision says it fixes the exact problems I've been having. Will update you guys in a couple days to see if I have any more crashes.