Sign in with
Your question

My Ace Aspire One won't start up.

Last response: in Windows XP
May 31, 2012 12:46:54 PM

Hello,

When I start up my netbook, it say's if I want to run it in safe mode, because it didn't properly shutdown last time, and when I go in safe mode, or normal mode I get the Blue screen of Death for about 0,1seconds, it's like a flash, and than my netbook restarts... It's windows XP btw..

More about : ace aspire start

May 31, 2012 1:13:32 PM

teli1337 said:
Hello,

When I start up my netbook, it say's if I want to run it in safe mode, because it didn't properly shutdown last time, and when I go in safe mode, or normal mode I get the Blue screen of Death for about 0,1seconds, it's like a flash, and than my netbook restarts... It's windows XP btw..

The Aspire one does not have a CD drive, I believe, so unless you have a bootable iso windows flash drive, and the acer can boot from CD, your only option is restore to factory settings, and lose all but the OS.
May 31, 2012 1:21:08 PM

ksiemb said:
The Aspire one does not have a CD drive, I believe, so unless you have a bootable iso windows flash drive, and the acer can boot from CD, your only option is restore to factory settings, and lose all but the OS.

How do I restore to factory settings? I don't care about the files on this PC. Thanks.
Related resources
May 31, 2012 4:09:30 PM

Sorry I meant ALT + F10. not F12
May 31, 2012 7:03:08 PM

Still not solved. Can anyone help me?
May 31, 2012 7:19:46 PM

ksiemb said:
Are you pressing alt/f10 at the acer splash screen ? Press them immediately.

Yes, I tried it over 20 times, in all sorts of ways...

thanks for the reply
!