My Ace Aspire One won't start up.

Hello,

When I start up my netbook, it say's if I want to run it in safe mode, because it didn't properly shutdown last time, and when I go in safe mode, or normal mode I get the Blue screen of Death for about 0,1seconds, it's like a flash, and than my netbook restarts... It's windows XP btw..
8 answers Last reply
More about aspire start
  1. teli1337 said:
    Hello,

When I start up my netbook, it say's if I want to run it in safe mode, because it didn't properly shutdown last time, and when I go in safe mode, or normal mode I get the Blue screen of Death for about 0,1seconds, it's like a flash, and than my netbook restarts... It's windows XP btw..

The Aspire one does not have a CD drive, I believe, so unless you have a bootable iso windows flash drive, and the acer can boot from CD, your only option is restore to factory settings, and lose all but the OS.
  2. ksiemb said:
    The Aspire one does not have a CD drive, I believe, so unless you have a bootable iso windows flash drive, and the acer can boot from CD, your only option is restore to factory settings, and lose all but the OS.

How do I restore to factory settings? I don't care about the files on this PC. Thanks.
  3. teli1337 said:
    How do I restore to factory settings? I don't care about the files on this PC. Thanks.

http://www.pctechbytes.com/acer/acer-aspire-system-recovery-partition/
  4. ksiemb said:

that says to press F12, and I did but nothing popped up... and btw my pc crashes everything the windows XP screen comes on.
  5. Sorry I meant ALT + F10. not F12
  6. Still not solved. Can anyone help me?
  7. teli1337 said:
    Still not solved. Can anyone help me?

Are you pressing alt/f10 at the acer splash screen ? Press them immediately.

Acer support - Ask your question !
    http://support.acer.com/us/en/default.aspx
  8. ksiemb said:
    Are you pressing alt/f10 at the acer splash screen ? Press them immediately.

Yes, I tried it over 20 times, in all sorts of ways...

thanks for the reply
Ask a new question

Read More

Aspire Safe Mode Netbooks Windows XP