Update error

I have the DVD version and when I try to update it gives me an Update
Installation Error.

"Drew C" <drew@drewclayton.com> skrev i en meddelelse
> I have the DVD version and when I try to update it gives me an Update
> Installation Error.

Have you installed a no-cd crack? Nudepatch? This will make the error. You
have to reinstall the game to make the update work.

--
/ Martin Møller

My Dvd collection http://www.intervocative.com/DVDCollection.aspx/martinboy
- Ved svar via email - fjern SPAMFILTER i emailadressen.

On Wed, 1 Dec 2004 17:40:23 +0100, "Martin Møller"
<martinboySPAM@FILTERhotmail.com> wrote:

>"Drew C" <drew@drewclayton.com> skrev i en meddelelse
>> I have the DVD version and when I try to update it gives me an Update
>> Installation Error.
>
>Have you installed a no-cd crack? Nudepatch? This will make the error. You
>have to reinstall the game to make the update work.

No, you don't. At worst, you have to find the .exe file, which I
think is on disk 4 if you have the CD-ROM version, and put it on your
hard drive to replace the hacked one. But first look in C: Program
Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2\TSBin (or wherever you installed the game)
and see if there's a file called Sims2.exe.bak. If there is, copy it
to your desktop, rename it Sims2.exe, and put it in the TSBin folder
to replace the one that's there, which was changed by the no blur hack
or no-CD crack. Then try installing the patch.

BW