lost Windows Picture & Fax Viewer

Hi,
Since I installed XPH service pack 2, The default pic
viewer is "MS Photo Editor"
How do I make the original "Windows Picture & Fax Viewer"
the default viewer?
Thanks,
Bill NJ

Hi Bill,

Click Start, Run and type regsvr32 shimgvw.dll. If that does not help, use
the open-with and associate the pics with Windows Picture and Fax Viewer.

--
Ramesh, MS-MVP XP Shell/UI
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k

"Bill NJ" <latsh@optonline.net> wrote in message
Hi,
Since I installed XPH service pack 2, The default pic
viewer is "MS Photo Editor"
How do I make the original "Windows Picture & Fax Viewer"
the default viewer?
Thanks,
Bill NJ

ME

I fixed it myself! Hope this is helpful to others.
This worked for me (XPHome S-Pack 2)
In Control Panel, select "Folder Options"
Click the "File Types" tab.
In the Registered file types box, click the one you want
to change.
(JPG, etc.)
Click Change.
In the "Open With" box , scroll to the program to open
this file type.
("Picture and Fax Viewer", etc.)
Click OK, Close
Bill NJ