MY ASSUS DRIVERS ARE NOT GEETING INSTALLED ON WINDOWS XP PROFESSIONAL

G

MY ASSUS AUDIO DRIVERS FOR MOTHERBOARD ARE NOT GETTING INSTALLED AFTER I FOMATTED MY OPERATING SYSTEM AND RREBOOTED WINDOWS XP PRO MOTHER BOAER NO IS P5GC-MX/1333

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
I don't know what source you are using, or what installation procedure. Usually the simplest way is to use the DVD disk that came with your mobo. It will have all the required drivers and an installation utility to do the work. The mobo manual usually has clear instructions how to install the drivers from this disk into Windows after Win itself has been installed and is operating, although at this point only with basic drivers for some but not all devices.

AFTER you install the drivers on the disk, lots of people recommend you immediately update all those drivers to the latest versions availabel onthe mobo manufacturer's website.

You might also consider NOT installing those drivers on the disk, because some people recommend installing only the very latest drivers downloaded from the mobo manufacturer's website. Doing that might involve some manual work on your part to get each driver and install it separately through Device Manager. Or, there may be a way to use the driver installation utility on the mobo's DVD disk to get those latest drivers rather than the ones already on the disk. Read the manual for these details. But there is a sort of "Catch-22". To get anything down;loaded from the manufacturer's website, first you need an internet connection, and that means you need at least to install the driver for the mobo's LAN port to get it working.