Ivy Bridge CPU Cooler

So im getting the Ivy Bridge I5 3570k for a gaming system :D
Im pretty sure i want to go for an aftermarket CPU cooler, due to loudness, and also temps.
Im not looking into overcloking at all. And im ready to drop about the 100 $

Modo: Z77 Asus Sabertooth

Case: Cooler Master HAF X
5 answers Last reply
More about bridge cooler
  1. If you're not OC'ing, the stock cooler will be just fine, but if you really want to get an aftermarket cooler, just get the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo for $34.99 @ Newegg.

    No need to spend $100 if you're not OC'ing, and regardless, the 212 Evo is a GREAT cooler for the price.
  2. DJDeCiBeL said:
    If you're not OC'ing, the stock cooler will be just fine, but if you really want to get an aftermarket cooler, just get the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo for $34.99 @ Newegg.

    No need to spend $100 if you're not OC'ing, and regardless, the 212 Evo is a GREAT cooler for the price.


    So the 212 will be better due to cooling then the stock fan? Also, the noise 31 dB at max, dosent sound bad :)
  3. viktorernst said:
    So the 212 will be better due to cooling then the stock fan? Also, the noise 31 dB at max, dosent sound bad :)


    Oh yeah, it'll absolutely be better than the stock cooler, and even let you OC some in the future, should you choose to. And yeah, it's pretty quiet. With mine, even at 100%, it's not the loudest fan in my case (GPU fans at 50% are louder, lol)
  4. DJDeCiBeL said:
    Oh yeah, it'll absolutely be better than the stock cooler, and even let you OC some in the future, should you choose to. And yeah, it's pretty quiet. With mine, even at 100%, it's not the loudest fan in my case (GPU fans at 50% are louder, lol)


    Im planning on going with the HAF X, 4 x 200 mm fans.. 10 dB :P
  5. you probably cant reach 10db
Ask a new question

Read More

Heatsinks Cooling CPUs Overclocking