Corsair H80 Install

hoppingpulse

Distinguished
May 12, 2011
I have a Rosewill Blackhawk mid tower and was planning on installing a Corsair H80. With the tubes on the bottom like most installs I have seen of an H80 I believe the rad will hit my graphics card. I have the headroom though to install the tubes facing upward and was wandering if that would be alright or if that hurts the flow or something like that? If that won't work I could move up to an H100 and do a top mounted install or I could also top mount install the H80 ( I think there is room). Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Solution
I've installed my H50 with the tubes at the top in my Corsair 600T. It works fine. I see temps around 30'C at idle and around 50'C under gaming loads (60'C fully stressed) on my 2600K.

You can definitely hear some air in the system at each startup if you listen closely, but I've seen zero issues with this mounting orientation in over a year's use.

87ninefiveone

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2011
I've installed my H50 with the tubes at the top in my Corsair 600T. It works fine. I see temps around 30'C at idle and around 50'C under gaming loads (60'C fully stressed) on my 2600K.

You can definitely hear some air in the system at each startup if you listen closely, but I've seen zero issues with this mounting orientation in over a year's use.

Solution