Computer frozen after new software installed

vigo

Honorable
May 31, 2012
Hello,
I just installed the new version of System Suite 12. Upon finishing and asked to reboot, I did...and the computer does not boot. Nothing suggested by the maker, Avanquest, works. A professional computer repairman could not resolve the issue. I would prefer not to reformat the hard drive. What to do?

Solution

I mean the Windows XP Cd that came with your computer.

If you can't boot into safe mode and restore windows prior to the instaallation, boot from the CD and repair the OS. Format is not required.

vigo

Honorable
May 31, 2012

Thanks ksiemb! Please, clarify: do you mean to boot from the CD that contained the new software or from the CD that came with the computer originally when bought? I already tried numerous times with the new software CD; no provision or effectiveness to boot...unless, as it warns, you want the shole system/drive deleted. Your help will be appreciated.

I mean the Windows XP Cd that came with your computer.

Solution

vigo

Honorable
May 31, 2012

vigo wrote...
THANKS, ksiemb!
Sorry for the delay to thank. After a trip and further research, including with the manufacturer of the desktop, Gateway, the conclusion was to re-install Windows XP...and assume consequences. Fortunately, I could reconstruct many files with old separate backups. All done, all functioning OK, like new. What really disturbed me: Avanquest's Tech Support is worthless, the second [young] technician seemed to get mad because I was requesting (twice by email, twice by phone) precise tech help. His two main arguments: (1) Follow the instructions on our site, which I already had done several times; (2) Enter the Forum to get opinions from others. Meantime, ironically the company offers a special "help" on the site precisely on what to do after installation of System Suite v.12 and if/when the computer does not boot. That is, the problem was/is well known by them. Thus, the best solution: to modify the program before releasing it to the market!