Kingston SV100S2 slow. Help!

ssdasking

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2011
Hi All,

I finally manage to get SV100S2 64GB and restore image created with HDD but it performs very slow. On AS SSD i scored mere 112 in total.

I have make sure that the TRIM and NCQ works however i could get AHCI to work. Everytime i enable AHCI on my Mobo and windows7 (via regedit), it says installing the AHCI and just freeze there.

First install i tried with fresh install and it seems working ok but every boot, before entering BIOS, mobo will try to install AHCI driver which delay 20sec before even entering windows

My question:
1. Does my mobo actually support AHCI natively? if yes, anyway to avoid installing AHCI every boot? I will do fresh install if required but prefer not at this point.

2. Will enable AHCI speed up SV100S2 64G significantly?

3. Any other way to speed up the SSD?

Many thanks for the answer and feedback.

my Spec:

CPU: e5200 @3.65Ghz
Mobo: GA-EP45-UD3L F4 BIOS
SSD: Kingston SV100S2 64GB
HDD: Samsung 160GB
GPU: GTX460@815
PSU: Abee 570W

ssdasking

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2011
UPDATE:

I tried again to unplug the SSD and activate AHCI mode with only HDD attached. Everything works fine but when SSD plugged, AHCI detect always hang whenever trying to detect the port SSD attached to.

I have tried with different sata cable and different port. Please help.

First off, cloning a HDD to an SSD is not the better option. You will find most recommend a clean install (Clonning a SSD -> SSD is OK).

Download and run AS SSD. Do not need to run the benchmarks, but look at the upper left. It should show the Driver, msahci is OK, but the iaSTor (part of Intel's RST driver - Newest verion recommended which is 10.6) Also should indicate OK for partition alignment. Normally for SSD and windows 7 there should be a small 100 mb system partition

ssdasking

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2011
Thanks RetiredChief,

I checked on the AS SSD and it says D110225a (important fix from kingston), msahci, 1024K - OK.

I am still wondering about the speed though, enabling AHCI is not affecting much, my scores on AS SSD remains the same around 105-115. Did i miss something?

If it helps, i checked and my SSD is marked as primary slave while the HDD is secondary master. Does that affect the speed ?

Thanks,

ssdasking

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2011
Thanks RetiredChief,

I checked on the AS SSD and it says D110225a (important fix from kingston), msahci, 1024K - OK.

I am still wondering about the speed though, enabling AHCI is not affecting much, my scores on AS SSD remains the same around 105-115. Did i miss something?

If it helps, i checked and my SSD is marked as primary slave while the HDD is secondary master. Does that affect the speed ?

Thanks,

ssdasking

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2011
Thanks RetiredChief,

Thanks,