Sign in with
Your question

Wanting to watch Comcast through my pc ...

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 30, 2009 5:09:02 AM

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
(Hauppauge WinTV-HVR 1850)

I was looking at this card but I am a little confused. With this card, I just need a cable box to hook up to it and I am good to go (or just the cable?). Also, my home has a wireless network (my PC is directly connected to modem however). With that, If all that is required is that card and the cable, is there a way to have the internet / tv through the same cable while still having everything hooked up properly for the wireless network? Hope that question wasn't confusing ...

Thank you in advance!

Also I am running Win Vista x64, have 4 gb ram, Radeon HD 4850 and the AMD Phenom x4 9950BE.

Mihow

More about : wanting watch comcast

November 30, 2009 4:59:07 PM

ASUS My Cinema-PE9400
Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2250
Compro E900F

With those cards and XP Media Center Edition, Vista, or Win7 you can not only watch but also record like a DVR with Windows Media Center. Most of the reviews I've read say that it is better then the bundled software.

I would also suggest looking into an upgrade to Win7. I've used it (that computer is down for repairs at the moment) and it is much better then Vista. A couple more gig of RAM would also help you keep your system running smooth as silk.
m
l
December 3, 2009 3:02:52 AM

That didn't actually answer my question of how do I mesh all these things together? Although I appreciate the different product suggestions.
m
l
December 3, 2009 7:44:29 AM

I was just recently talking to a Comcast sales person at Best Buy about getting cable TV with our cable modem and she said that it would come though the same line and all you would need is a splitter before the cable goes into the modem. That way you can run one line out of the splitter to the cable modem and the other to the TV card in your computer. Be sure to get a digital tuner as she said they are going to drop all analog and be pure digital cable. I was reading on some amplified splitters and it says it works for TV and cable modems to help improve the signal.
m
l
!