Serial Port Assignment

September 11, 2004 5:15:25 AM

Hi

At work I use some hardware that requires a 2nd serial
port so I have been using a USB Hub. The software that
goes with said hardware requires the serial port to be
named serial com 2 (its an old DOS based program) To
upgrade the hardware / software would be very expensive.

In Windows 2000 it was possible to change the port name
but the function seems to be disabled in XP, any way
around this?

Cheers

More about : serial port assignment

Anonymous
October 23, 2004 3:21:02 PM

a have two applications that require NMEA (serial) input from two separate
COM ports (2&4). At the moment if I start up the second application it
reports COM ports 2 & 4 already in use. Is it possible to configure that they
share this data? If not can I configure that data is echoed/looped internally
to other existing but not neccesarily physical COM ports?
!