I need to upgrade My mother Board to play Aion

jnice

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2010
As the title says i need to upgrade my chip set as the ame I want says i do not meet the required CPu duel core what not. Basically says what the Game Aion needs I need.

Here are my specs and what I need to know is can I even upgrade my chip or am I going o have to buy a new comp?

Manufacturer: HP Pavilion 061
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) XP 3200+, MMX, 3DNow, ~2.2GHz
Memory: 2048MB RAM
Hard Drive: 155 GB
Video Card: ATI Radeon 9550 / X1050 Series
Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor
Sound Card: Realtek AC97 Audio
Speakers/Headphones:
Keyboard: USB Root Hub
Mouse: USB Root Hub
Mouse Surface:
Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.100216-1514)
Motherboard:
Computer Case:

Solution
You might want to start a New Build thread (there's a sticky with the preferred format) that includes all the information we're likely to need (including budget and where you can shop) to help you create a decent machine.
No one would even consider AGP for a new machine, and just about any CPU you could buy today will be faster than what you have (and meet the multi-core requirement).

jnice

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2010

So if I have an AGP card what am i looking at cost wise am i just better to spend an extra 150-200 bucks and build a comp?...along with CPU and Motherboard of course. if I am going to be runing an AGP ATI Radeon 3650 what mother board should i get to run Aion or am i again better off buying an PCIex16? Card?

AlphaOmegaX

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2008
There was/is a deal on newegg where you get a microatx geforce 6100 mobo & amd regor 245 cpu for 60 bucks?

Toss in a 4850 (100-120) and boom. there ya have it.

NZXT Gamma cases were just on sale too.

Glad I got one :D

You might want to start a New Build thread (there's a sticky with the preferred format) that includes all the information we're likely to need (including budget and where you can shop) to help you create a decent machine.
No one would even consider AGP for a new machine, and just about any CPU you could buy today will be faster than what you have (and meet the multi-core requirement).

Solution