configuring logical drives

Rob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hi
Newby! I have just inherited a pc running xp that was set
up to run on a company network before I got it. It has an
odd drive configuration/partition: c is 6.84gb primary
partition, and d is 30.43gb logical drive. There is a "My
documents on D" folder on the d drive.

In Disk Management, formatting and deleting of drives is
greyed out/prohibited. Any idea how I can enable this, so
I can delete d, or resize with a bigger c drive?

Probably network policies, but they all seem to be not
configured. Where else might this lock down be coming
from?

Thanks

Jax

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2002

Hi Rob,

You will not be able to resize partitions from within Windows. You will need
to either format and partition, or use a 3rd party software like Partition
Magic to perform the task for you.

LOL, JAX