Bad memory test.

rlucky82

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2010
ASUS M4A785TD-V EVO/U3S6 is my board and G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Dual Channel Kit memory, after a series of bsod I ran the memory test on windows 7 and there were errors. So I removed one chip and the memory tested fine, swapped memory sticks in the same slot and memory tests fine. install both sticks again and get bsod. so then I pulled the memory out of the first slot and only use the second slot and each stick tests fine in the second slot. computer only crashes when both sticks are installed!?!

I am currently using the two blue slots;
asus.jpg

aslo now every time my computer starts it runs the check disk program, how can I turn that off?

Thanks

rlucky82

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2010
Thanks for the fast reply. I now have the memory in a1 and a2 - the extended memory test results "bad hardware found contact computer manufacture..." but computer not crashing (yet)

fast boot is enabled and still running checkdisk :( this all started yesterday after a month of error free computing.

rlucky82

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2010
No I will have to buy some new memory to test. :(

Ok, it will only run with one chip installed and doesn't matter which chip or which slot I use.

On a side note I am having trouble with Security Essentials updating and staying updated. Even though I updated today, after a restart it will show "last update 5 days ago"