Your question

Lancool Dragonlord PC-K62 and it's fans

Tags:
  • Power Supplies
  • Cases
  • Components
Last response: in Components
February 8, 2010 9:06:35 AM

I'm hearing all the fans on the case are 3 pin? does the ga ep45 ud3r have the capability to fit them all, and the case only come with 1 3pin to 4 pin thing? i'm wondering if this anything extra i have to buy to be able to plug the fans in

More about : lancool dragonlord k62 fans

a c 248 ) Power supply
February 8, 2010 1:44:52 PM

You will have to go to Gigabyte's web site and see if you can locate the owner's manual for the motherboard. Manuals usually have a diagram that show the location and type of motherboard fan connections. The number of fan connections on a motherboard vary. Again, you will have to check the manual.

Fan connections on motherboards may be either 3 or 4 pin connections. You can use a 3 pin fan power cable with a 4 pin fan connection on the motherboard.

Modern cases come with quite a few fans. It is not unusual for a case to have more fans that there are connections on a motherboard. The extra fans can be connected directly to a power supply by means of a fan cable adapter that converts a 3 or 4 pin fan connector into a 4 pin molex connector. You can even daisy chain the fans and connect them to a single connection on the power supply.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
February 8, 2010 1:50:01 PM

You can use a 3 pin fan on a 4 pin connector.
m
l
Related resources
February 9, 2010 9:05:49 PM

i swear i've seen a box in pc world where you can power 3, 3 pin fans on 1, 3 pin connector?
m
l
February 9, 2010 10:05:37 PM

I have the same case and all fans fit on a GA-X48 board, if that helps.
m
l
a c 248 ) Power supply
February 10, 2010 2:56:49 AM

naf456 - Yes . You can daisy chain the fans and run them with just one power supply connection. That's what I usually wind up doing if there are not enough connections on the motherboard. Running several fans from one motherboard connection is not recommended.
m
l
!