Hellboy

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2007
Ok, I am writing this as a request for any one wanting help with solving any type of issues...

I know tech people are amazing... BUT WE ARE NOT MIND READERS...

We need to know the following

Every component inside your machine - make, model number and rating ( for power supplies ) to help...

Im getting sick and tired of wasting time on giving help to people with out the right information first... going back and forth

what psu do you have, where are the cables , what video card, etc etc..

we dont need wot yo systam doz in slang as its hard enough to work out what is going on with out trying to work out wtf your saying. Its our precious time sorting out your problems for free, nada - we dont get paid for this..

When and under what conditions your machine failed and what happends - does it take 2 minutes for your machine to pack up..

all this is information we need.

Most of us do not care wether you have AMD, Intel or any other "mines better than yours " hardware - its a square peg in a square hole to us, just that some are bigger than others.

if requested try and supply photographs... sometimes peoples descriptions are not good enough and we need to see if any mistakes have been made..

I know this seems harsh but you want your machine up and running as quick as possible and so do we so we can go on and help someone else. Many thanks for reading...

:sol:

With the caveat that for many here, English is a second - or sometimes a third - language, I fully agree.

Gives us everything you can. If you have a problem that you have not been able to solve, you do not have any idea what is and is not relevant. We can always quote the whole article, then strip out what we think we do not need.

And while I am thinking about it, it's common courtesy to let us know the final outcome of your problem.

And while I am thinking about it (#2), computer keyboards have a [Caps Lock] key. Don't use it.

huron

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2007
All excellent points. I can't even begin to count the number of times that the first response is something like:

Can you give us your specs, or something like - specific motherboard, etc.

This should sit at the top of the area asking for advice for sure.