Ok so heres the question im about to finish buying the parts for my new build here are the specs
Intel i7 920 DO ( going to be OC'd to 3.6 ghz) Asus P6x58D Intel x25m g2 samsung spin point f3 Antec 1200 case Ocz platinum ddr3 1600 mhz Gpu 5870 (crossfireing when I can get 2 and i plan to OC them)
My question is for the psu, which would you guys recomend a corssair hx 850 or hx 1000 I can get them for about the same price right now on sale... soooo my reasons for not imeadately going with the hx1000 is
1. I have heard the 850 has better ripple supression and a more stable rail, will this make a big difference?
2. Will the hx1000 generate alot more heat ( keep in mind it is going in a Antec 1200)?
3. The hx1000 has 2 12v rails... i have heard this can be finicky, will this be any type of nuisance?
4. I have heard the hx 850 is more efficent all around than the 1000, which is kind of why i want to go with it, how much more efficent is it, because I dont want the rents complaing about a huge power spike?
5.My final question is would the hx 850 be able to run this rig with the 5870s OC'd while not pushing within 10% of the power supplies maximum wattage or will i have to go with the hx 1000? I need answers quick due to the quickly selling sale priced hx1000s. Thanx for any help.
More aboutbuild need advice quick
1) They're both great 2) No 3) No 4) Not much, if any 5) Yes
The 850 HX would be fine.
So would you recomend the hx850 over the 1000 for this rig