cs82575

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2010
Ok gang, here is my first "true" build from scratch. I have been researching this for quite some time now and this is what I "think" I would like to go with. I would love some input on what they think of this setup before I order everything. I am just looking for a respectable system at this point not the best of the best. I am trying to do what I can afford. I would like to go a step higher on the CPU but that would set me back another 300bucks. So I just figured I would OC this one well :) Also I would love to hear a bit on GPU's , I went with what I think would work well but again I would like to run SLI and can't dump 6 or 800 bucks on video cards....So far I have purchased the case and the PSU, the rest is a click away .....here goes

Case: Antec 1200
PSU: Corsair 750TX
Mobo: EVGA E760 CLASSIFIED 3-Way SLI + PhysX
CPU: Intel Core i7-920 Bloomfield 2.66GHz
RAM: 3 Crucial Ballistix Tracer 2GB DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
HDD: VelociRaptor 300GB 10000 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s
GPU: 2x GeForce GTS250 1G (SLI)

Solution
I hope you realise you are in the power supply and pc case section of the forum. There is a separate section for new builds.

The Corsair TX750 is an excellent power supply and an appropriate choice for your system. Corsair has a reputation for high quality power supplies. They consistently earn high marks in technical reviews. They are very stable, reliable, and come with a 5 year warranty.

The Antec twelve Hundred is another excellent choice. Ventilation, airflow, and cooling are excellent. It is one of those classic black tower cases that you purchase and keep for a vey long time.

I do not see a cpu heatsink listed. Here is a link to a very good web site with a lot of useful information about cpu heatsinks that will help you make...
I hope you realise you are in the power supply and pc case section of the forum. There is a separate section for new builds.

The Corsair TX750 is an excellent power supply and an appropriate choice for your system. Corsair has a reputation for high quality power supplies. They consistently earn high marks in technical reviews. They are very stable, reliable, and come with a 5 year warranty.

The Antec twelve Hundred is another excellent choice. Ventilation, airflow, and cooling are excellent. It is one of those classic black tower cases that you purchase and keep for a vey long time.

I do not see a cpu heatsink listed. Here is a link to a very good web site with a lot of useful information about cpu heatsinks that will help you make an informed decision:

http://www.frostytech.com/top5heatsinks.cfm

You can use the Google embedded search feature at the web site to find more information about heatsinks for specific cpu sockets

Solution