Your question

My computer always had search when winxp starts

Last response: in Windows XP
June 1, 2012 10:52:27 PM

Hello,
I can get rid of the search screen when win xp comes to desktop

June 2, 2012 1:13:21 AM

To help us assist you, please provide more information:

1) Decribe the issue you are having in detail. For example if its with a specific piece of equipment, include the make and model.
2) When was it last working normally? Since then, did you add/remove any software or hardware?
3) What steps have you already tried to resolve the problem? (rebooted, searched google, etc)
m
l
November 7, 2012 3:55:22 AM

nhasian said:
To help us assist you, please provide more information:

1) Decribe the issue you are having in detail. For example if its with a specific piece of equipment, include the make and model.
2) When was it last working normally? Since then, did you add/remove any software or hardware?
3) What steps have you already tried to resolve the problem? (rebooted, searched google, etc)

1) I am using windows xp, having the same problem, search and outlook express always shows all of a sudden one day, that was not showing a few years before. I tried to use malware and spyware removal, and even virus removal, they cat detect anything. I came to the point of restoring the system into an earlier date, even tried to reformat the drive c: since d: is for back up. But the problem is still there. In my desperation, I uninstall outllook from the program, even removed outlook from windows component options in the add/remove options.

So far the outlook window that is always blocking my screen whenever I search the net is gone. But the windows xp search option, you know the dog cartoon image that is asking you what to search, is always showing. Also on the URL box, the ? is always showing totally removing the www. that was there.

I do not know what to do, I am thinking of changing xp to window 7 , I am afraid that it might have been a virus or a malware that is already invaded my motherboard

ermin
m
l
November 7, 2012 4:53:55 AM

Hello and welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums.

Click on your Start button and go to Run then into the Open box, type msconfig then press Enter. A form will show up with n tabs and you need to click the StartUp tab. Untick everything that list except your anti-virus and, if you don't use the Windows one, the firewall. Click Apply, OK your way out and let the system restart. After the system comes back up, tick "Don't show this message again" and press Enter.

You now have a clean start with nothing automatically starting at all. It should be a normal start with no search or OE problems. All your programmes will work even if they didn't come on automatically at boottime. Use msconfig again to reintroduce one entry at a time until you find out which one causes your problem.

m
l
!