Sign in with
Your question

Video card

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 30, 2009 9:42:39 PM

I have put up 2 posts so far and apparently no resolution to my problem. I was wondering if anyone knows of a GPU that takes DDR3 memory but isnt a 2.0 PCIe GPU. For some reason my MB has ddr3 but not pcie 2.0.... under 500W or at that if possible.
Thanks,

More about : video card

a c 179 U Graphics card
November 30, 2009 9:46:36 PM

A pci-e 2.0 card will work fine in a PCI-E 1.x slot, they are 100% backwards and forwards compatible. You also dont need to match the memory on your motherboard to the memory on the graphics card. You can use one with DDR2, DDR3, GDDR3, GDDR4, or even GDDR5 all of them will work just fine.

Are you gaming? If so at what resolution and please post the name and model number of your PSU so we can make sure it will power the card.

If you arent gaming, consider something like an ATI 4650, it should be more than sufficient for your needs and is relatively cheap.
November 30, 2009 9:58:25 PM

Well i'm gaming but not too hardcore, just play WoW or CoD, something simple. I play at 1440x900 widescreen. Also I dont have my PSU yet im just willing to pay for one that is around 80-100 along with a gpu around 80-100
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
!