Sign in with
Your question

I have a problem with my wd ext hard drive

Last response: in Storage
October 26, 2011 3:30:12 PM

can anyone help me i have very important work on my ext hard drive but my my laptop wont read it its like its not there HELPPPPPPPPPPPPP

More about : problem ext hard drive

a b D Laptop
a c 119 G Storage
October 26, 2011 3:46:51 PM

Have you tried all the basic things , like unpluging the hdd and then pluging it back in , restarting your laptop. Is the external hdd usb or e-sata , if usb have you tried another usb port. Can you go into disk management in windows and see if it shows up there.
October 26, 2011 3:59:42 PM

its a western digital sata 500gb i have put it in to a probox smart family enclosure the box lights up but the drive does not appear on my laptop really worried i can her a faint sound coming from it but thats about it
Related resources
October 26, 2011 8:45:15 PM

can anyone help me the above drive will not plug and play do i need drives its like the laptop is not reconising my drive i am a novice so please explain if you can in simple terms thanks
October 28, 2011 12:46:39 PM

inzone said:
Have you tried all the basic things , like unpluging the hdd and then pluging it back in , restarting your laptop. Is the external hdd usb or e-sata , if usb have you tried another usb port. Can you go into disk management in windows and see if it shows up there.

Hi hope you can help me a bit more the usb is not connecting to my laptop i dont know if the usb in the enclosure needs a driver but i cant get on to the site to download any the the box is a probox smart family enclosure for a sata the box flashes its just the usb dose not do anything can you advise if i can get it working i can copy my files ove on to my other drive Thanks
!