Boot fails with gigabyte provided achi drivers, anyone?

puppetj

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2007
Iam trying to install windows xp pro SP3, following the motherboard manual I copied the correct achi drivers to a usb floppy, choose f6 at windows xp boot up, followed the steps. it chose the driver, but when it gets finished load the ..right after it says loading windows down at the bottom, I get BSOD STOP 0000007B error, I tried the same drivers from the website, thinking maybe the disc drivers are bad, but I still get the issue. has anyone run install this issue?

puppetj

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2007
Thats not what, iam trying to achieve, i want achi drivers to install to Windows xp as provided with the motherboard as i followed with the instructions, I know all about using ide mode, but I dont want that. but thanks for replying...

puppetj

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2007

Yes I understand that I can do that, with alit of fuss from what it looks like but my priority to get the drivers working with the f6 step which I ruled out the drivers,DVD drive,floppy,hd..while I wait for Gigabyte to get back to me, I'm wondering if you fine folks can help me figure out why installing preboot drivers don't help, or is it another reason, and what if I want to do a raid in xp I can't just use ide mode. there must be a reason why its not working. thanks for the reply btw

puppetj

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2007
I ruled the drivers out, I tried new ones from Gigabytes site, that just came out 2 days ago, and even tried the drivers from Intel.com , which btw I'm installling the Intel rapid storage ones , then I select for z77 chipset Intel desktop/workstation/server express chipset achi sata from the list I continue on after it gets to loading the very last thing screen goes blank and get bsod 0000007b (etc.......) Error

puppetj

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2007
Ok well I never got gigabtyes help, so lucky I had a 2ndary controller on the board [marvell] I just witched to ide mode on that and was able to install xp..pointless to provide drivers if they work even work! So say I want to switch back to achi once Iam back in xp what do I need to do?

puppetj

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2007

Gigabyte finally got back to me, They asked how I'm I using a floppy with no floppy controller on the board, SMH :eek: :fou: Doh!!!
Really are they that stupid?! :fou: :fou:

anyway how do i go about renabling achi mode with xp?

puppetj

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2007
I just went in with ide mode, and after install renabled achi in bios, then used provided preboot drivers and they worked fine, I dont know why they didnt have me do this in the first place!!

This is my answer.