How do i install another res into a Kit

keivngzx

Honorable
Apr 23, 2012
So I'm going to get the XSPC Raystorm RX360 Extreme Universal Kit but i want another cylinder like res how would i install it?

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Adding an additional reservoir will only add total volume to your loop and not improve cooling performance. The only thing it will do is slow the time until your loop reaches working equilibrium, and even then, it might only be a few moments.

Having noted Rubix's sage advice as to want/need :p

buy the res, and two fittings the same size as your tubing (7/16ID if the Xspc kit stuff)
decide where its going and plumb it in, note some resses work better with a certain flow direction,
Which res you after?
Moto

keivngzx

Honorable
Apr 23, 2012

Well Idon't really care too much about the temperature cuz im not going to OC to 4.5 ghz prob just at 4.0ghz ish. So its i can right ??? And i saw the pump like in side the XSPC res. So if i install another one is pretty much like between the loop just cut it then install and connect another loop back to the acutal res with pump ?

keivngzx

Honorable
Apr 23, 2012

All i wanted out of this water cooling is to look nice and i guess to make it cooler =/. I can go pretty much ith anykind of cylinder like res.
HUm ill list a few all from frozencpu.com

EK-MultiOption RES X2 - 250 Basic - Liquid Cooling Reservoir (4 Total Ports)

Bitspower Water Tank Z-Multi 250 Inline Reservoir (BP-WTZM250P-BK)

Danger Den RAD-Reservoir Internal / External Liquid Cooling Reservoir (RES-005)
These r the kind im looking for just to look nice im going to use clear tubes.
BTW im using a CM HAF X 942 blue edition

**just cut it then install and connect another loop back to the acutal res with pump **
Yup, as long as the loop is complete you are fine, I've added quite a bit to my Xspc kit (Rx240) including two cylinder resses so I know you are fine doing it,
if you want a nicelooking loop, maybe check out FrozenQ's site for the Liquid fusion range, costly but tasty hehe
Moto

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Short answer- yes, you can just install another reservoir in your loop pretty easily. Just need the fittings and tubing in place and connect/fill once you have it installed.

Moto is the master of multiple reservoirs. :)

I used to have larger, homemade cylinder res's a while back, but have since gone to a small Multi-Z 80 that I love dearly.

I have four resses in my loop, two of which are reservoir/pump combinations so yes I guess I am 'the Master of multiple resses' hehe :p

Two T-Virus resses, mounted on my roof externally **I don't like lights per se, but these are UV cathodes and help keep my water clean from crawlies**
IMAG0335.jpg

One of the Xspc respumps from an in progress shot, I mounted it this way to help hide cables/tubing
IMAG0100.jpg

and the Xspc respump in my external radbox,
IMAG0549.jpg

And this all started with an RX240 kit so feel free to add stuff, just remember there comes a time when you will need a better pump, or another pump once you get a bit crazy
Moto