Display driver problems - Toshiba Satellite Pro 6000 w/ Tr..

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
Share
June 26, 2004 9:04:30 PM

I've been playing hell trying to get this laptop display driver working.
I'm running Windows XP Pro and the driver I'm trying out is straight
from Toshiba's website.

Windows XP Display Driver for Trident Ai1 Display Adapters (v6.4022-
016B.22ICDNP; 11-09-2001; 2.09M)

When I attempt to install it, it freezes my system. After that, if I
remove the display adapter from device manager, it'll recognize the it
as Trident Ai1 on next boot but it will freeze my system again.

I've tried Windows 2000 Pro with the same results. I was able to get it
working in Windows 98, however using W98 is not an option.

I even tried using the W98 driver in XP. Same results.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
July 9, 2004 3:58:05 PM

Does anyone have any suggestions on this problem?

!