PC wont start

NomNom

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2010
Hi
This morning I was simply working on my computer before I went to school. I switched my computer off. Went away for five minutes. Came back remembering to transfer some filess to my memory stick. Only now my PC won't start. And yes I did shut it down properly.
I have checked that all internal and external wires are correctly in place. Also it is conected to a surg protector, which hasn't triped, indicating no surg related problems. The other items connected to the protector all function fine indicating nothing wrong with the socket. yet still my PC won't turn on.
The only performance changes i've made are a small overclock. However i did this last month and I havn't had any problems since then until now.
So whats the problem, is it PSU related?

NomNom

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2010

Nope, nothing no lights, no fans everything is just dead... :heink:

Skibumtx

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2006
I'm going to assume that you tried plugging the PC directly into a known good wall socket. You might try disconnecting everything in the box except the Mobo, the 12V supply and the start button. If it still doesn't work disconnect the start button and short something (screwdriver, etc) across the two pins that the start button connects to. If it still doesn't work I'd say your PSU is bad. You might want to check the voltage switch (110/220) if it has one or, in rare cases, a reset swtch on the PSU.

Ski

NomNom

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2010

I tried that.